Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695651 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #20100 on: May 26, 2024, 06:58:23 pm »
Josh showed up, I gave him a 30 year old Osage stave and he jumped right in on it with a little help, it has been 15 years since he made a bow and only 2 back then, but he listens good and is pretty handy with tools. I got my Osage out to low brace, this is a tricky one with lots of twists in the limb/knots and some waves in the back, I always run a pop line across the bow from tip to tip while on the tiller stick, it gives me a good look at how it would look at brace and usually first brace is very even.  :) On one like this you also have to be sure and look at both sides to get the real picture.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20101 on: May 26, 2024, 07:02:04 pm »
A couple of bows Josh built 15 years ago, 1 yew and one snaky Osage, still shooting. We got the new one down to bow size and ready to floor tiller, he had quite a good day and stayed with it. I got mine out to 30@15, looking pretty good and should come in about what I am looking for 45/50@26.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20102 on: May 26, 2024, 07:04:41 pm »
Bob and the girls came by just hanging out in the napping pit, finding stuff others have discarded and trying to learn to flint knap. Great weekend, hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20103 on: May 27, 2024, 04:14:27 am »
Thanks as always for sharing Pappy !  (=) Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20104 on: May 30, 2024, 08:32:13 am »
You are welcome Bob. :) The day is young so you never know but looks to be a very good day today, weather is beautiful and going to pick up a new pup so Sister won't be by herself, it is a mix Red bone /Irish setter , should be an interesting mix  ??? ;) she is 10 weeks old and plan on naming her Annie , hope Sister like her  ;) :) :) Also Beau and I drew our Elk tags for CO for the Wilderness area we wanted, not the same area we have hunted before but still a wilderness area 80,000 acres that don't allow ATV's or any 4 wheeler's , should be a good area, we will see. Like I said starting out to be a good day.  :) Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline wooddamon1

« Reply #20105 on: May 30, 2024, 11:19:09 am »
Congrats on the new pup and the tags, Pappy! Can't wait to see the recap of the adventure and the puppy pics!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20106 on: May 30, 2024, 02:22:19 pm »
That's cool, Pappy. I bet Sister will be happy with her new pup. Looking forward to meeting her. Does sound like an interesting mix.
 I'm jealous of Beau and your next elk adventure. Maybe you can get one this time. Sounds like a good area.  :OK 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #20107 on: May 31, 2024, 04:53:47 am »
Always fun to get a new Pup !  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20108 on: May 31, 2024, 08:39:56 am »
Yep, we will see how it goes, Sister is not as social as Sally was but seemed to warm up to Annie after a bit yesterday, they stayed together in the kennel last night, looking forward to seeing how they done this morning  :-\ The first night I put Sister in the kennel with Sally , Sally put her out of the house, the second night the curled up together and the rest is history.  :) Hope this works out the same. Headed down this morning early for the weekend so maybe we can get more acquainted , she is a sweet thing and love to be petted. Ya Pat I didn't think we would get drawn at least not for 2 elk, and yes it is my turn but I am fine with the trip either way and much rather see Beau get another than me, just love the time I get to spend with him and the adventure of it all. Now I got to get to work and get this old body in shape, been doing about 2 miles 2 or 3 time a week for about a month with 30lb pack, but it time to pick that up a bit, gold is 5 miles and 60lbs. should be there by August if all goes well.  :) :) Hope yall have a good one. Life is Good.  ;)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20109 on: May 31, 2024, 08:10:51 pm »
OK Pappy, you know how much we like pics here so lets see pics of the new pup.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC