Author Topic: ITS SO COLD!!!!  (Read 8220 times)

Offline adb

Re: ITS SO COLD!!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2013, 10:04:15 am »
This pic was just after walking the dogs on the weekend.  It was a balmy -46C with the wind chill factored in.  8)

HEY... you look like that guy off 'Mountain Men!' Eustace... isn't it?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Marks

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »
You northern guys will like this one. All schools in my part of Northwest Alabama were delayed until 10am this morning. It was 30F and there was a chance of freezing rain last night. The roads were dry when I drove to work at 7:30.

Saw the saddest thing today. A little old lady pouring hot water from a teakettle trying to get her little chihuahua unstuck from the fireplug on the corner.

About 2 weeks ago it was in the mid 20s and my wife called me while I was in the treestand. That is unusual so I answered. She said it had been a wild morning. She heard screaming coming from our back porch which is odd because nobody is supposed to be on our back porch but our dogs. Then she said, " Did you know a dog could scream?" Our poor little Mt Cur, Lyla, tried to get a drink and her tongue froze to the very frozen over water bucket. My wife had to get warm water and pour over it to get her tongue free. Even our dogs can't handle the cold. I asked her why she didn't video it. We could be rich.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 12:35:49 pm »
I don't always walk dogs in Canada, but when I do it's always 46 below.  Stay frosty, my friend.

hahaha nice

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 02:00:16 pm »
HEY... you look like that guy off 'Mountain Men!' Eustace... isn't it?  ;D ;D ;D

More like Marty, the trapper up in Alaska.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »
Cold front moving through this afternoon, Dropping down into the 60's tonight and highs in the 70's tomorrow. Might have to start cutting wood and turn the AC off. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

blackhawk

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »
Its still shorts and shooting weather here!!!  >:D

Offline 4dog

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2013, 09:45:38 pm »
blackhawk...i think yer beanie is waaaay too tight!   lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline sleek

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »
I for one love the cold.... I went outside today in swimmin shorts and shoes. No shirt or socks in the snow... iphill both ways. Of course it was only in the upper 20s so no biggie but still... cold is invigorating.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »
I for one love the cold.... I went outside today in swimmin shorts and shoes. No shirt or socks in the snow... iphill both ways. Of course it was only in the upper 20s so no biggie but still... cold is invigorating.

"swimmin shorts" what are those...cut offs?  ;D I like the cold too when I don't have to deal w/ water buckets or cisterns!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline adb

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 08:56:38 am »

Come on up here in your 'swimming shorts and flip flops'... I guarantee you you'll find other words than 'invigorating' for our cold.  ;D

Offline Parnell

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 02:54:41 pm »
It's crazy for me to see you all reporting.  It's been hot down here in S. Florida.  Yesterday it hit about 86.  Too hot for this time of year.
1’—>1’