Author Topic: Ladies arrows?  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Loope

Ladies arrows?
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:01:37 am »
Where can I find lightweight spine for a ladies bow?  I just finished a bow for my wife for Christmas.  It is a hickory board bow, 34# at 25".  The lightest I have found are 40# spine.

Since is it a longbow and short draw length, I would guess a starting point at 25# spine... Does that seem close?

Can you buy low spine arrows, or do you buy youth arrows, or just use full length arrows.  It seems like using heavier points, thought it would help with spine, would slow down an already light weight bow.

Thanks for any advice,

Michael

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Ladies arrows?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:27 am »
Arrow spine is set for a 28" arrow with a 125gr point.
3Rivers has 30#-35# spined 5/16" POC shafts. Leave them long(30") and they should shoot pretty good for her.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Grasshopper Mouse

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 02:23:52 am »
Pat's idea is excellent.
I've gotten 25/29 spine POC shafts from Wapiti Archery and have been very impressed with their quality.
Hildebrand has excellent Sitka spruce shafts in light spines, too.

Guy

Offline Loope

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »
Thanks for the input guys.  I had somehow missed finding those.  I ordered some shafts and am just waiting for them to come in.  Unfortunately too late for Christmas, but at least the bow was finished enough to be under the tree.  My wife was surprised this morning and loves the bow.  I can't wait to get her shooting it.