Author Topic: Little Yellow Birch Paddle bow, Trade bow for Thomas H  (Read 7419 times)

Offline half eye

Re: Little Yellow Birch Paddle bow, Trade bow for Thomas H
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 05:23:15 pm »
Thanks again fellas. The entire "overall" look of it is pure Native American, don't give me credit. I believe they had some of the best artistic sense of anyone at anytime (in my opinion).

Grady it's a riftsawn board.

Pat, don't believe there aint a bow type around you cant make, and like I said I don't have a clue what they are supposed to look like at full draw so this may not be right at all.

Thanks again all of ya, and I'm real glad ya like it Thomas, the post office says it's gonna be there Saturday.
rich

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 07:11:28 pm »
great looking bow rich.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 08:24:47 pm »
still turning out some beauties I see . excellent work as always rich

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28:14 pm »
Beautiful bow Rich.  I have always liked that one, looks like you did it justice. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »
I have a piece of long seasoned Ash from Upstate New York that I'd like to try one of these with.  It has the right width, I mean the stave looks like a paddle bow already and it hasn't even been debarked or shaped yet.  ...but I'm not certain about using Ash for this design.  Any body know if it'll work well enough in this application?

OneBow