Author Topic: New Osage bow  (Read 16403 times)

Offline Wulamoc

Re: New Osage bow
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 01:29:40 pm »
Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!
Wells
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. GEN-21:20

Michigan

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 09:03:42 pm »
Thanks for posting the pics of your forms.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  I made a form for recurving the ends at work today hopefully I'll try it this weekend.
Traverse City, MI

Offline RT

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 09:25:52 pm »
nice bow pappy, can you post a pic of the Full glue up including the recurving of the tips, I have always want to built  recurve but not too sure how the recurve would blend in.

Thanks, RT
Skype ID:       robinpmtan
Yahoo chat ID : robt188

froplord

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 09:42:21 pm »
Nice bow Pappy, so do or have you ever used steam?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 06:00:54 am »
I steam Osage when it is less than 2 or 3 years old first ,then dry heat from then on.
Cowboy,Rick you don;t have to have the forms,you can do it by hand but they sure
make it easier.RT it ant a glue up it is one piece of wood just bent with heat.Thanks
for the nice coments. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 11:53:30 am »
Cool bow Pappy. You got the proper permits to arm Yankees?  I guess a 40lber wouldn't shoot too far over the Mason Dixon line.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 12:12:13 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D I don't know this could be a mistake arming the enemy,I could get the firing squad for that so yall keep it quit.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

whatareyadoin

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 11:00:59 pm »
Pappy, can I inquire what is the sale price of that bow, I don't want to insult you by offering less.

Offline Jbell

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 12:25:57 am »
That is one great lookin bow Pappy! Tiller looks killer! >:D
Justin Blunt

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 05:50:38 am »
watareyadoin,I don't sell many bow but I had a guy that just wouldn't leave me alone
so I finely decided to run him off by priceing building him one to high,so I told him
$300.00 and all he said was I can do that when can you get it done. :) Don't know
if that is high or low for one but I thought it was high.I have never bought one so
I had no idea what they sale for. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

whatareyadoin

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 06:42:23 am »
watareyadoin,I don't sell many bow but I had a guy that just wouldn't leave me alone
so I finely decided to run him off by priceing building him one to high,so I told him
$300.00 and all he said was I can do that when can you get it done. :) Don't know
if that is high or low for one but I thought it was high.I have never bought one so
I had no idea what they sale for. :)
    Pappy
thats pretty low compaired to all the retailers and some other sites I have seen, There is a feller in Hoopa Area that makes bows and his go for over 500, Can't find his web site. I can under stand not selling such good work I would Keep or give them to family and friends.I put 2 In our local Almlquist lumber to show. I only Put 175 on the boo back 50# hickory and 75 on the silk back 40# I,m A Beginner so as long as I make back what I spent on wood for the year I'll Be Happy. I gave away the rest and kept the x bow 50 # it just won't leave me, Nor will I part with it. 3 bow out of one Board of Hickory that baffles me.
You Guys Get up early,I havent even gone to sleep Yet.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 07:10:10 am »
I know what you mean and that is about all I do.I usually give them away after a season or 2.
But a couple of years ago It got close to deer season and I didn't have but 1 bow so I decided
to keep a few around and now I have about 15 good hunting bow,man they can pile up so I
will probably thin them down some at some point.I just hate selling something I love and most
I do,just like kids and dogs they all have memories and are all different.I gave one away last week to a good friend and I know he will use it so that is all that really matters to me.And yes I do get up
early.about 2am. :) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
Sounds like a fair price to me.  Its about the same price as Martin's cheaper glass recurves.  Yours probably shoots better, and I know it looks better.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 12:18:23 pm »
Thanks Lennie,I had no idea what they sold for but he was such a nice guy I just couldn't say no.
So now it is on the way North for Christmas.I talked to him this morning and he is excited to
get it and I am for him to.. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 02:07:47 pm »
I gave one away last week to a good friend and I know he will use it so that is all that really matters to me.
I think I'm the good friend Pappy was talking about that he gave the bow too. :)

He's right, I am definitely going to use it...I plan to hold on to it a few more years and then auction it off to the highest bidder to help finance my retirement. I figure Pappy's fame is only going to continue to build, so eventually that bow will be worth megabucks!  ;D  Any early bidders out there??? ;)

Seriously, I really appreciated the bow and plan to hunt with it some next year. It shoots really hard and right where you look. Pappy called it "Holy Moley", and you guessed it, it has a hole in one limb. He made it in 2004 before he became so famous!  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...