Author Topic: Please post your opinion  (Read 14088 times)

gene roberts

Re: Please post your opinion
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 09:11:55 pm »
Oh,well that explains it.How many layers of carpet would it take to stop a broadhead.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 02:45:52 am »
If you suspend it with a couple of ropes so it can move with the arrow, it doesn't take much to stop an arrow. If you put the carpet or belt against a hay bale it would penetrate. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:27 pm »
  Like Justin said,My broadheads will go through the belt and half inch plywood.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

gene roberts

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:59 pm »
O.well I guess that's ok.

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 08:36:51 am »
A sheet of corragated plastic,like cardboard,except made of plastic.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 10:02:20 pm »
I started using regular haybales with blunt tips instead of field points, and it works just fine. You can get a new haybale or $3-$5.... I just keep a few fieldpoints handy for tournaments.
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

gene roberts

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 04:55:20 pm »
Ok,I met a man who said to get fertilizer or feed bags and stuff them into another until it's full.When that one is shot to pieces put it into another bag.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 05:47:16 pm »
Actually the best id a deer ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

gene roberts

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 05:01:59 pm »
 :D

costicaldad

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 11:06:36 am »
i get cardboard boxes and cut 8 to 10 inch circles glue six or so circles to gether . they are just right for rolling on the ground throwing in the air for flu flu's and put on a bale of hay about the right size of a shoulder

Offline PeteC

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:46 pm »
If you can get hold of an old mattress,get the cotton out of it ,then stuff either a burlap or nylon feed sack full.It'll stop arrows great,and it's mighty easy to pull em out too. It'll stop broadheads too,but you'll have to change out feed sacks pretty often.  God Bless,  PeteC
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

tradrick

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 05:51:38 am »
I use the stuffed bag method you mentioned.A feed sack or a U-Stuff It archery target.I save all our Walmart grocerie sacks to stuff in there.I've never shot through it.However,I use it for field tip practise.Not broadheads.tradrick

Franklyn

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 12:21:27 am »
During a scrounge session at local landfill, I came across the leftover felt-like material from stampings left by large boot and shoe manufacturing company. When you stuff this material into a large burlap bag or one of the plasticized grain bags you have an almost indestructible target - works well with field points - have used broadheads but is quite tricky to remove if embedded in centre of material. When bag is done you just restuff the insides into another one - FREE!!! I've been using the material I scrounged now for about fifteen years and supplied many others - a little bulky and heavy but works.

Offline David Long

• Only dead fish swim with the stream.
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 06:35:28 pm »
In my basement where I have a 12 yard range the conveyer belt thing turned out to be a little dangerous. My kids arrows bounce off wildly when they miss the target completely. Layers of hanging carpet, and burlap coffee bean bags (free at the roasters) stuffed with refuse packing plastic from any large box store (again free). These targets are weather proof and take a serious beating.
Dave
NW Montana

Offline TRACY

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 05:48:06 pm »
The feed bag and some dog food bags stuffed with plastic bags from any store will work and last indefinitely. I attach burlap targets to them to spice it up a little. Also, you're doing your part to keep those plastic bags out of the landfills and environment.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956