Author Topic: My State is Better than Yours  (Read 11718 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

My State is Better than Yours
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:30:28 am »
While people are being controversial erratically throwing out their opinion I thought I'd join in.  Here's my evidence of why Florida rocks!!!

This videos shows some of Florida's natural beauty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDhaGs52QAk&list=TLL8OZCvgI9IB1F3TDNtC1QdpRFChQ9J2Z

Feel free to announce why you think your state is so great.  I think it's healthy to be prideful (to an extant) of your home state.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline autologus

Re: My State is Better than Yours
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 11:46:49 am »
My state is not called "The Natural State" for nothing.  8)

Grady

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 01:01:38 pm by autologus »
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:24 am »
Vermont, where the men are men, the women are too, and the sheep run skeerd.

"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:09:23 pm »
Illinois the best! Where most of the politicians are felons and where they take everything they can in Taxes.

the only thing we have going for us is all the Osage

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:25:18 pm »
hmmmm the GOLDEN state automatically takes first place. weve got it all, mountains, forest, deserts, beaches, lakes, rivers, national monuments, some of the greatest cities in the U.S, the best football team(49ers), hollywood, and not to mention the beautiful women.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 12:30:36 pm »
And a bunch of crap laws!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline kinslayer1965

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 12:31:12 pm »
Being a native of the Sunshine State I have to agree with Tim.
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline echatham

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 12:53:02 pm »
im gonna go ahead and say that just about all of your states are better than mine... connecticut.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 12:55:46 pm »
The best part of Kansas is the low population density, low crime, and low taxes.  So my official answer is that Kansas is the last place on earth that you would want to live.  We have no world class whitetails, not a monster muley or elk or pronghorn  to be found, no turkey, no pheasants or quail, its definitely not  right in the middle of the migratory route of millions of ducks and geese, no fish of any sort whatsoever.  There's no Osage to be found anywhere.  No bow wood at all to be found.  What women we have are all mean and ugly.  There's not really any flint in the flint hills and no smoky hill jasper to be found.  Yep, Kansas is the last place anyone would ever want to live!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it >:D.  Josh

Offline skarhand

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 01:07:29 pm »
hmmmm the GOLDEN state automatically takes first place. weve got it all, mountains, forest, deserts, beaches, lakes, rivers, national monuments, some of the greatest cities in the U.S, the best football team(49ers), hollywood, and not to mention the beautiful women.

And a bunch of crap laws!

Cant help it if a bunch of stupid people muck up the politics, but if you want a place of tremendous beauty, unparalleled ruggedness, and unbelievable verity, you CANNOT surpass CA.

Hands down, no state has more verity then California. I miss it. :(
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:12:02 pm by skarhand »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:20:42 pm »
Indiana, where the osage trees grow tall and straight, the deer are plentiful, and the women are sturdy and corn fed.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Accipiter

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »
Oregon #1! We really do have all the good wood, some of the best fishing and not quite as many BS laws as California. And lots of rain! who doesn't love rain?

edit: AND the #1 NBA team, just sayin'

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:26 pm »
Michigan isn't so bad for the sportsman. We have it all but an ocean coast line. We do have the GREAT Lakes.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 02:14:41 pm »
Tennessee is awful.  :-*

We're filled up now so please visit, but hurry home after.   8)

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

blackhawk

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »
The best part of where I live is my family....I wouldn't live anywhere else and its the main reason why I live where I live...family support is the main vain and roots that hold me here in Pennsylvania (which is a pretty cool place in and of itself to boot)