Author Topic: Sad, sad, sad people tricking bowyers worldwide :(  (Read 10359 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Sad, sad, sad people tricking bowyers worldwide :(
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 04:23:14 pm »
Kiddingggg. :)
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 04:53:25 pm »
I'm starting to get that SquirrelSlayer/BowSlayer feeling...

Again!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Traxx

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 05:01:06 pm »
Yup Gus,

It brings to mind,an old saying.

The good lord gave you 2 eyes, 2 ears and 1 mouth fer a reason.LOL

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 05:11:26 pm »
No piece of wood is perfect. That is about as straight as they come. If you think the wood will make it self into a bow than choose a different hobby and stop bashing people online ;)

Offline CORIUS

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »
Is lying about twist in a stave worse than lying about changing unsafe tips on a bow you sold?

Lets hear it Bandit. Is it?
Where there's a will, there's a bow.

PA subscription #: PM108452

Offline wood_bandit 99

• Shoot straight my friends!!   55#@26"
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 05:25:45 pm »
No piece of wood is perfect. That is about as straight as they come. If you think the wood will make it self into a bow than choose a different hobby and stop bashing people online ;)

Hmm isn't that odd? And what are some of you guys doing right now? This is to osage outlaw and whoever else is being a  :o right now: I seriously think you guys should just shut your mouth because you are acting like you are 2 years old. Really you think your funny but it is degrading me and I am just a hair away from leaving this site because nobody can seem to get along for 5 seconds. I see teasing and joking around and stuff but degrading people constantly means you don't have anything better to do so oh leave the site. Everyone on here is just trying to get along, pass info, and just over all pass time. So if you aren't following that then you are less than worthless to the nice people of this site. I thought bowyers were just awesome people that were giving and loved helping people and just having fun. You are making new people want to quit bow making and stop getting on this site because you are NOT a bowyer. It isn't just making bows that makes you a bowyer, it is the MENTALITY of wanting to help people learn to make bows and just have a good time passing on info that you learned from another BOWYER. So yes, I AM a bowyer. I am just helping people or trying my best with the given knowledge of mine from reading and hearing people say stuff and funding what works for me. Now either be a bowyer or leave the site because nobody wants you here if you aren't willing to be one.
"Judge a man by his questions, not his answers" ~Anonymous

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb

Offline wood_bandit 99

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »
Is lying about twist in a stave worse than lying about changing unsafe tips on a bow you sold?

Lets hear it Bandit. Is it?

I think you heard it  >:(

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb

Offline wood_bandit 99

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 05:28:01 pm »

Hmm isn't that odd? And what are some of you guys doing right now? This is to osage outlaw and whoever else is being a  :o right now: I seriously think you guys should just shut your mouth because you are acting like you are 2 years old. Really you think your funny but it is degrading me and I am just a hair away from leaving this site because nobody can seem to get along for 5 seconds. I see teasing and joking around and stuff but degrading people constantly means you don't have anything better to do so oh leave the site. Everyone on here is just trying to get along, pass info, and just over all pass time. So if you aren't following that then you are less than worthless to the nice people of this site. I thought bowyers were just awesome people that were giving and loved helping people and just having fun. You are making new people want to quit bow making and stop getting on this site because you are NOT a bowyer. It isn't just making bows that makes you a bowyer, it is the MENTALITY of wanting to help people learn to make bows and just have a good time passing on info that you learned from another BOWYER. So yes, I AM a bowyer. I am just helping people or trying my best with the given knowledge of mine from reading and hearing people say stuff and funding what works for me. Now either be a bowyer or leave the site because nobody wants you here if you aren't willing to be one.

Too bad that can't be my signature, huh outlaw?

Offline CORIUS

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 05:34:29 pm »
Somebody call the Wahhhhhbulance.
Where there's a will, there's a bow.

PA subscription #: PM108452

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »

Clint's been here a damn long time bandit... Much much longer than you. I'd be careful before you call someone like that a worthless 2 year old. I got lots more to say but I'll keep my mouth shut this time.

Jon

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:48:38 pm by Ifrit617 »

Don Case

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »
Before this thread gets locked for name calling can we take a look at this stave? Now to me it did look twisted. I was surprised when people started saying it wasn't. I put some lines on the picture for reference. Looking at the red line and the top black line it looks twisted but if I look at the two black lines it is much better. Are you saying that you would cut along the blue line?

Offline wood_bandit 99

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 05:53:04 pm »

Clint's been here a damn long time bandit... Much much longer than you. I'd be careful before you care someone like that a worthless 2 year old. I got lots more to say but I'll keep my mouth shut this time.

Jon

I have kept my mouth shut since I first got on here and he had been pestering me since. I am not calling him a worthless 2 year old but I am calling the way he is acting that. ATLEAST towards me. I just want to feel like I can help people and many of you are making me feel worthless. I am giving all I can to help people and they are making people blow me off so either I leave or somebody is going to have to just stop acting like a child and keep their mouth shut as I have. Some people just need to be told when to stop and obviously they can't figure it out if I stay quiet even though they should. I hate these huge whiny arguments but for some reason some of you can't just let me be me and help people. That's my goal on here. Along with bragging about my bows....lol :laugh:

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »
You think people would get on the internet and tell lies  :o
 ;)

That stave looks good to me. I've made bows twistier than that without thinking of the twist at all. I you chased a ring the twist would be completely gone, and as is it just adds a wee bit o' crown.

Now the bows on ebay, that's something that gets under my skin, especially since there are honest people following the auctions. Hinge here, a foot of stiff wood there, runoff over there... They're not all that bad, a couple are honestly priced for what they're worth and I'm guessing that's why there aren't as many followers, decent bows for fair prices, but they're the exception.

Can we calm down a bit? Bandit hasn't been here all that long (neither have I, I'm just more quiet ;) ), so maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt when he makes these mistakes? I'd like to defend someone's reputation too, but not to the point that things escalate between myself and anyone here. People will read our defense of the seller, note your guys' superior experience, and that'll be that. The guy throwing gas in the fire can be left alone to burn himself while we're out shooting, so to say :D
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 06:00:41 pm »
Wood bandit, how long have you been building bows?
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »
I'm not bashing anybody. Instead of bashing people with items for sale maybe you should post something on how to identify twist. that is if you are truly interested in helping people learn.