Author Topic: My new portable free standing tiller tree  (Read 6913 times)

mikekeswick

Re: My new portable free standing tiller tree
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:32:03 am »
Bubbles - sneaky use of filler and paint hides any holes you make! I made a climbing wall to train on and a mini halfpipe (bmx)in a house we used to rent......nobody was ever the wiser! I wish I still had the photos....quite amusing to see  ;D

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 04:40:07 am »
I like the concept. My only concern is that your lower legs and feet may be exposed if a bow explodes at full draw (which happens if you build enough bows). There is also a chance that you will  topple backwards when that happens and possibly hit your head.

I went over backwards when a bow slipped off my "bolted to the wall" tillering tree, knocked myself silly...well, sillier.
Yeah but if you do it enough, you can go all the way back round to sensible... ::) or so those bow pixies keep tellin' me  :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 11:24:02 am »
I like the concept. My only concern is that your lower legs and feet may be exposed if a bow explodes at full draw (which happens if you build enough bows). There is also a chance that you will  topple backwards when that happens and possibly hit your head.

I went over backwards when a bow slipped off my "bolted to the wall" tillering tree, knocked myself silly...well, sillier.
Yeah but if you do it enough, you can go all the way back round to sensible... ::) or so those bow pixies keep tellin' me  :laugh:
Del

So Del, You're tellin' me a few more bonks on the head and I could be normal? Let me go tell my wife  ;D

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 06:19:09 pm »
A MINI HALF PIPE and a CLIMBING WALL??  How big was this place?? :) I'm  lucky enough to have a 10 yard range from the laundry room to the cold cellar. Hopefully the cat and my wife don't walk downstairs when I'm shooting. 

I like the fact that I could throw this in a closet the odd time I need to "clean up" the man cave,  Rather than unbolting a tree from the wall.  Plus - wall space is at a premium, I'm lucky to be able to sneak in a bow rack, and a fish.