Author Topic: 17th Tennessee Classic  (Read 126103 times)

Offline missilemaster

Re: 17th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2014, 08:44:26 pm »
I need to talk to Patrick and Cracker,haven't seen him on lately,better check on him. Hope all is good for him. Matt you want the same spot as last year ? Cody you planing on coming ? and if are you coming early ?
   Pappy

Heck yea I'm coming ,Lord willing! Not sure when I'll get there, Sunday or Monday probably.
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
Me and nc longhunter will be there wed.around noon save us a spot pat.
bryan irwin

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:32 pm »
I posted this in Pappy's "Life is Good" thread but thought it would be good to cross post it here to get the info and thanks out to all who are coming.

I sure am grateful for all the guys who lend a hand with the Selfbow Challenge each year.  Trust me when I say it's grown each year.  We average about 5-8 more each year over the past 5 years, and last year we had 79 register so that may mean we'll bump 90 this year.  You folks who pitch in are so very important to this success. 

I plan this year to pass out to each person registered for the Challenge a ticket that puts them in a drawing for a prize if they come to me after they complete their bow with the info on the bow they finished.  Weight/draw length/ total length/ and wood type will be recorded by me.  Pappy said to me once a while back it sure would be good to have this kind of info, so I'm going to try this this year.  Not sure about the prizes yet, most likely it will be something made by a member or something donated for this.  I'll come up with something nice.  If someone has an idea let me know what would work for prizes.  The important thing is to gather the info for the bows built.  One ticket per person registered, when they see me when they finish their bow they get a ticket.  I'll give out as many prizes as I can rustle up.  I'll have posted the time for the drawing in the Bow Shop area the location will be the Bow Shop.

Once again let me thank all the people who pitch in and help us make this part of the Classic so successful. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2014, 11:37:18 pm »
Got ya covered Bryan. I'll be there Tuesday so I'll mark a spot for you. Anywhere in particular?
 Jon, I spend lots of time under the bow shed and love every minute of it. Looking forward to hitting 90 bows built and 90 satisfied, smiling faces.
 It won't be long now!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2014, 05:43:09 am »
Great idea Jon,and yes many thanks to those that jump in and help,it use to be simple to keep up with waht was built but as it has grown that has got harder so I think this will help a lot. Right Pat,won't be long now. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:58 am »
Look what I found
Venice Florida

blackhawk

« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2014, 08:23:52 am »
Hey Jon....I'll donate an osage stave for one of the prizes for the self bow challenge drawing if that's OK with you guys..seems like an appropriate prize for one of the prizes for it...lemme know.

Hey pappy I'll prob throw down a bow or two on the raffle table again this year if that's aok?

This Yankees starting to get excited to head down to a lil tennersee holler and raise a lil hell!!!  ;D  8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:46 am »
That's a beauty Roger,that you very much. :) Chris that is great and as you guys know very very much appreciated,really looking forward to see all of yall again.Roger,you still plan on staying in the big tent,making plans and need to know how many we have to sleep in it.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:31 am »
Sounds great to me Blackhawk!  Thank you very much.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline BearG

« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2014, 05:17:28 pm »
14 DAYS !!!!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2014, 05:55:02 pm »
Thank you Steve, Gsulfridge, Eddie, Pappy, Matt,  and Chris!!! I am happy I am finally going to meet ya'll.  Eddie, I hate to hear you wont be there.  That stinks for sure.  Not long now. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2014, 06:21:44 pm »
I'm looking forward to meeting Diego Rivera and his Dad at the Classic.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:32 pm »
14 DAYS !!!!!!

Been missing the countdown!  Welcome back Bear!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »
Cipriano; I'm not out of the game , yet. I just have to wait and see when I fly out. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2014, 12:33:55 am »
Yes sir Pat. It will be great to share a campfire with you. Eddie that's great news. She pan on leaving here Wednesday early morning.

That would put us in Memphis about two PM. I'm thinking about taking Diego to see Grace Land since we will practically be there. Is it worth the entry fee to see? If we go to Graceland, that would put us at Twin Oaks about 9PM.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.