Author Topic: Small house heating  (Read 2293 times)

Offline vinemaplebows

Re: Small house heating
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 02:33:07 pm »
Bought one of these off ebay, was pretty inpressed for the price....slight modifications would make it much better... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Military-Camping-Ice-Fishing-Cook-Wood-Stove-Tent-Heater-Water-Kettle-/360834101908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5403637294
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »

You might check out the infrared heaters.  No hot surfaces, and will heat your house really well, and hardly any draw on electricity! ;)  My neighbors in Montana have them.  I am going to get some for my house, when I get back out there.  I didn't get any before I left, and wish I had.  My electric bill went up, with the wall heaters going all the time to keep the temp above freezing.  I have the fan on, and so far the temps. only been around 40 or so, inside the house.  I had winterized the house, and shop before I left.  But check out those infrared heaters.  I think Sportsmans guide sells them also.

Wayne

I know several people that swear by these little heaters, it might be worth your time to look at them. I don't know but I have heard that the more elements it has the better and more efficient it heats. I would check that out before making my decision on one of these heaters
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »
That thing looks pretty awesome Viney.  What was the application you used it for?

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 09:00:03 pm »
Was going to heat my shop with it. I think it would be able to make it tolerable, and not get too hot. Got it for $50 and free shipping....what the heck I thought! :laugh:
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 10:15:55 pm »
well me and the wife have been talking and we were planning to build a bigger home on our 7  acres but the total cost is pretty hefty so we decided we are going to add on the our little house living room and master bead room and remodel the existing living room/kitchen nook into a full kitchen :) and for winter heating i want to build a rocket stove mass heater man are the extremely efficient :)

http://youtu.be/LfKHVoCY2so
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995