Author Topic: reflex deflex Hog Bow pics  (Read 12799 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: reflex deflex Hog Bow pics
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:04:51 pm »
beautiful bow, and that pig makes a great bow holder, what kind of broadheads do you use?
VB

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:13 pm »
This particular bow is about 1 3/8" wide at the fades and tapers to about 5/8" at the tips. Putting the strip of Ipe in the middle made it a stronger shooting bow. It could be personal bias or my imagination but there seemed to be a little more speed with it , at least faster than the bamboo backed hickory bow without the ipe center core. the Ipe center core is barrell tapered from center on out. The Ipe core is about 1/4" thick in the center tapering to 1/8" at the tips.
    The strange neaighbor kid didnt take the picture this time haha.  It was the ranch owner in texas who actually took the picture. We were just visiting thier ranch in texas. Nice place and awesome people down there in texas. The broadhead I used was a flat trade point made from fire hardened steal. Here's a couple of pictures of the broadheads. The only other pictures I have of the bow are ones of a different bow still in the tillering stage. Its unfinished but shows the center core and handle shape better. The last picture shows the handle of the bow. THE HOG TEETH ARE NOT REALLY THAT BIG. I got carried away in photoshop and now I dont know how to undo it because I am half computer stupid, its the only other good picture I have of the bow handle.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 11:37:42 pm »
This pic shows the tradepoint I used.

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 11:39:45 pm »
The  handle of the bow finished in the field. The teeth on this critter are not really that big. I got carried away in photoshop and now i do not know how to undo it !!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:23:04 pm by Justin Snyder »

Offline Jbell

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 12:12:43 am »
Very nice bow and piggy! MMMM! I smell the bacon already. ;D
Justin Blunt

Offline mamba

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 07:55:02 am »
Su- - - e ,great looking weapon.
Ray/NY

Offline Jesse

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 10:05:54 am »
Thanks for the specs on the bow it helps a lot. That had to be a fun hunt.  Looks like your post got moved ???
                                                                                                      Jesse
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:08:04 am by WIBOWYER »
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 04:57:48 am »
The broadheads were simple trade points made from fire hardened steel. 1" wide, went right through the hog!1