Author Topic: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 82655 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: 2nd Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2014, 07:33:29 pm »
That's better than blowing water out your.....uh, never mind 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2014, 08:03:49 pm »
 :o Boy your a nut Clint, I really like those chickens  :laugh: :laugh:

DLH, Got some light weight shafts cut and their purty dry, might be ready to start mak'n arras.
The Atal Atal canes are cut, stayed closer to 1/2" at the big end, and about 6 ft long, they look good but not even close to dry.

Dave, I'll be there around 9 Friday morning, save me the best camp'n spot ......level  :laugh:

Gett'n closer, till then,
Bill
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »
Chicken Outlaw, I got your sammish in the window fermenting.

Bill, I'm on a hill there's no place level.  haha  Well the pistol shooting range is pretty level. But we might have to open your window to get a pass through.  haha  Well, find a level spot.  Are you bringing your camper or staying in the truck?  9AM sounds good.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:57 pm »
I'll be sleeping in the back of the truck.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline TRACY

« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2014, 10:34:31 pm »
Id love to meet you Tracy, at least I think so.....;)

References....upon request ;D

Clint, sounds good with Marshall. Went there 20 some years ago and had fun, but it might not be the same event.

Bill, we'll have to work out a trade for some cane ;)

Can't wait to get there!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2014, 10:51:27 pm »
Gonna be hard to live that down, OO!  Like how you just "roll with it."   :laugh:
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2014, 11:39:58 pm »
What else can you do but laugh about it Greg

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2014, 01:23:18 am »
Bill, that'll be easy for us to get you level.  We'll just let some air out of the tires.  Problem solved.  haha  Actually, when you get here, don't pull up to the house. Turn left at the bottom of the hill before after you cross the ravine in the driveway, but before you get to the kennel. Then turn right passed the shed, between the shed and the rail fence.  It should level out pretty well by the maple tree.  We'll be doing all of our cooking on the back patio.  So, that'll work out well.

Those of you pulling trailers follow the same path, EXCEPT go passed the rail fence.  DON'T go right of the board wood pile.  My septic tank is there.  I'll have flags up to remind you.  The rail fence denotes where out garden was.  At the end of the garden there's a school desk modified into a shoot bench.  Don't park between the school desk/shooting bench and the roll of hay.  You'll be on the shooting range if you do.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2014, 10:38:48 am »
Them sound like so very easy directions to follow. ;) ;D ;D Yall have fun,hope to make it one day.I know it will be a hoot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2014, 11:41:13 am »
Pappy, you should take a weekend off and come hang out with us for a day or two.  Good food, good people, bow making, do a little shooting.  Sounds like a good time to me. 

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2014, 11:49:54 am »
I'm sure Dave wouldn't mind another Tennessean (I'm not native, born in Kentucky) and if he did, I'm sure he would make an exception for you Pappy. ;)  It would have to be a relief to be at an event where you didn't have so much responsibility and could just hang out and have fun.  Hope to see you at Moon Tree some day.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:03 pm »
Just saw the forecast and looks like 60 and cloudy both days 8)

Trying to talk my dad into making the trip with me. He doesn't make bows , yet, but has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to woodworking.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline gmc

« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2014, 02:13:55 pm »
Bill, that'll be easy for us to get you level.  We'll just let some air out of the tires.  Problem solved.  haha  Actually, when you get here, don't pull up to the house. Turn left at the bottom of the hill before after you cross the ravine in the driveway, but before you get to the kennel. Then turn right passed the shed, between the shed and the rail fence.  It should level out pretty well by the maple tree.  We'll be doing all of our cooking on the back patio.  So, that'll work out well.

Those of you pulling trailers follow the same path, EXCEPT go passed the rail fence.  DON'T go right of the board wood pile.  My septic tank is there.  I'll have flags up to remind you.  The rail fence denotes where out garden was.  At the end of the garden there's a school desk modified into a shoot bench.  Don't park between the school desk/shooting bench and the roll of hay.  You'll be on the shooting range if you do.
What the heck ????? Dang, sure there's not a hog lot or a mailbox there somewhere to turn right at? Hope I can find my Gps.   >:D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:27:58 pm by gmc »
Central Kentucky

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »
Dave, you may have to set up valet parking! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2014, 04:51:31 pm »
I found a good hackberry tree to cut for you guys.  I should get 3 or 4 sections out of it.  I was thinking about cutting it Wednesday afternoon.  I'll seal the ends and hope that the bark will still slip off when I get down there with it Friday morning.  We can all watch Daniel split it up