Author Topic: Riser design  (Read 2044 times)

Offline bow101

Riser design
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:44:09 pm »
Has anyone on here built a self or laminated bow with a forward riser.?  If so can you link me up..thanks
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Riser design
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:46 am »

Offline bow101

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:44:58 am »
Thanks,  just wondering if any improvement is noticed with shooting a forward riser bow.  Some companies make nothing but.  Supposed to be more hand shock, if not properly built..?  But then again they are not wood....... ::)

Offline Will H

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:13 am »
I'm no expert on reverse risers but the main advantage I can see is the bow ends up with a lower brace height. Therefore you have less stress on the limbs and a longer power stroke.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 12:01:01 pm »
I have a couple of glass longbows with reverse handles that shoot very well. One feature I like is the higher brace height gives me a little more clearance from my sleeve in cold weather situations with heavy clothing given my shooting style.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
Blackhawk's longhorn was a reverse riser lam bow. I think he won BOM a few months back. Check it out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bow101

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:18:41 pm »
I'm no expert on reverse risers but the main advantage I can see is the bow ends up with a lower brace height. Therefore you have less stress on the limbs and a longer power stroke.
No doubt.  I guess on a wood bow it makes sense to gain an advantage where possible..

Blackhawk's longhorn was a reverse riser lam bow. I think he won BOM a few months back. Check it out.

Remember that bow now,  it's a real show stopper.