Author Topic: 2014 bow trade, read all the rules before signing up. CLOSED!!!  (Read 39806 times)

Offline IdahoMatt

I have spoken to the organizers of the trade and I will also tell you guys as well. I am willing to participate if someone wants a short bow. That's what I like to make and that's what I like to shoot. Now when I say short I am talking about 56"-46". I could maybe go a little longer say 58"-60". It's gonna bend in the handle as well. Not trying to be snooty or anything that is just what I am willing to do. If this is acceptable to you guys then I'm in. I understand if some of you wouldn't be ok with it.

I think I could manage if I got any one of your bows. >:D

Offline JW_Halverson

I have spoken to the organizers of the trade and I will also tell you guys as well. I am willing to participate if someone wants a short bow. That's what I like to make and that's what I like to shoot. Now when I say short I am talking about 56"-46". I could maybe go a little longer say 58"-60". It's gonna bend in the handle as well. Not trying to be snooty or anything that is just what I am willing to do. If this is acceptable to you guys then I'm in. I understand if some of you wouldn't be ok with it.

Nobody is placing an order for a customer bow of their own design by entering this trade, all we get for input is a PREFERENCE for draw weight and whether they are left or right handed.   From there it is the discretion of the bowyer as to what you get.  I really like your bows, JonW, and I know you are a stand-up guy. You are welcome in this trade and at my campfire anytime.

I'm of the opinion that if anyone in a bow trade is unhappy with what they get, they should send it back to the bowyer with profound apologies for wasting the bowyers time and efforts, include a blank check for the bowyer's materials and incidental expenses, and stay the heck out of future trades.  Feel free to disagree, it's not a rule for this exchange.  And I can't speak for people running future exchanges.   >:D

As for those of you that are choosing to not enter this trade, that's quite ok, too.  The great philosopher of our age, Harry Callahan once snarled, "A man's gotta know his limitations."  And we all know what happens when you cross ol' Dirty Harry, right?  Makes mullet's  little black book look like a hymnal.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Blaflair2

+1
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
+1 JW

I'm most practiced making mollegabets these days, so somebody's probably getting a mollegabet even if I don't see one in their post history. Make what you're comfortable with  :)
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline KellyG

Well I can't jump into this one this year. But I will follow it closely. I love the bow swap for sure.

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Short bendy handle bows are sweet!
laugh. its good for ya

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
+1 !
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Lets see... my weddings in March.. Im gonna be at the Classic a whole week... Thats still plenty of time to make a bow  ;) what the heck.. Im in!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
Ill try to make anything for anyone, and I will be thrilled with anything from everyone! I like a bow rack full of different shapes sizes and draws. an arrow tube rack loaded with different arrows is just as pretty in my eyes, lets do this!
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline BOWMAN53

Ill try to make anything for anyone, and I will be thrilled with anything from everyone! I like a bow rack full of different shapes sizes and draws. an arrow tube rack loaded with different arrows is just as pretty in my eyes, lets do this!

i love all types of bows as well. i want to one day have atlease one of every style bow out there. except glass and wheelies.

Offline huisme

Heck yeah!
50#@26"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
I know what I'll be building this year, Parnell!  ;) I hope I choose you..or someone else for this trade.  8)
 If you build a specific style of bow then that is what your recipient gets. I'm sure you will consider your recipient but it is up to him(or her) to appreciate the gift they received from you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer

good lookin bow there huisme
laugh. its good for ya

Offline huisme

Ttt

Almost fell off the front page :o
50#@26"

Offline DGF

BTT
Wyoming, MI