Author Topic: Flu-flu fletch!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Flu-flu fletch!
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »
Whenever I make two fletch arrows I end up stripping the feather so I use the stripped parts for flu flus.  This way I'm fletching two arrows with two feathers.  How efficient is that???  Just click the picture to view the video!

^^^Click to View^^^
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bow101

Re: Flu-flu fletch!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:07:38 pm »
Looks good, how many feet would you say they are falling at..?
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:42:24 pm »
I've got some of those in a box was thinking about the same thing how well do they shoot.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:58 am »
Looks good, how many feet would you say they are falling at..?
it's hard to say.  They're going between 3/4 and 1/2 as far as my normal arrows though.  I guess that's a 1/3ish as far.

how well do they shoot.
  They shoot real well!  click the picture to view the video and after I make one I shoot it so you can see how they shoot.  When I flight tested them it was really windy with 20+ mph winds so that's why they were shaking some but that last shot is on no wind and it stayed straight.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:14 pm »
I have made a few but have yet to try them.  I'am thinking about a 40 yard flight maximum, I doubt if I would  be attempting any shots at small game beyond 20 yards.  Then again I need a lot of Archery practise as I'm new to this addiction......... ::)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell