Author Topic: Plains Indian sinew Shorty. More pics added  (Read 6719 times)

Twostrings

Re: Plains Indian sinew Shorty.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 11:39:07 am »
  Beautiful, a plains bow living free and large, not locked up in a museum.  Your photos are excellent, such a small, lethal package it is.  I think it was the artist George Catlin who remarked that the plains bows and arrows looked like children's toys until one went on a hunt and saw those little arrows disappear into the shoulders of buffalos.
  Your information on the venerable and mysterious Art of the Floating Anchor will save me some lost arrows for sure, thanks.  What did you use for the string?  Any special knots?
  Thank you IdianGuy for posting your work.

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 11:54:56 am »
Fantastic work as usual. Really enjoy seeing your work.  Three words come to mind when I see this: beautiful, elegant, DEADLY. 

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
here is the set I just finished before the one posted in the beginning of this thread, I made the quiver over Christmas and posted pics of it. I then decided to make a bow and arrow set to go with it.
The bow is sinew backed osage, recurved tips, 47" long and 52#@23.5" the arrows are dogwood as well. The belly of the bow is carved with lightning strikes.

E

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Plains Indian sinew Shorty. More pics added
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:03:41 pm »
Thats another nice set there, beautiful work.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.