Linked Events

• Presque Isle Camp/Shoot: May 23, 2008 - May 26, 2008

Author Topic: Presque isle field archers memorial day weekend camp/shoot  (Read 44028 times)

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
Re: Presque isle field archers memorial day weekend camp/shoot
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 11:49:55 pm »
Ryan, When I left the Classic with truck, camper, kayaks and all the stuff that the wife takes to Michigan for the summer, plus four more bows and a giant smile on my face,  I got waved over at the truck scales, it looked real bad don't ya know? (almost the truth). I ask the little woman (that's almost the truth also) if we could make it to your shoot? her answer was a couple things needed to be fixed on the camper, naturally I assured her in the affirmative, (another partial truth but I'll try). Cut to the chase, were planning to be there if we can bring our dog ( the one that tripod was checking out in the pic I posted at the Classic.)  Chi-Ching
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 12:15:14 am »
Sure Charlie you can bring your dog. We brought one of ours up last year. I sent you a pm.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 08:00:17 am »
Better be high res pics Pappy after all the educating I've done. Sounds like its going to be a good turnout Ryan, if gas prices wern't so damn high
I'd run down for it >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Ryano

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2008, 11:26:39 pm »
They aint gona get any cheaper Dana ! Come on down!

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 12:00:09 am »
Dana the Super Uper Eh!  Look at it this way, ifn ya come down I-75 toward Flint yous could pick up Gary Davis and when ya got to Pontiac we could convoy to the Shoot, wat ya think eh? even better you could draft my truck and save fuel. I'm sure the shoot gona be Great but it would even be better with the Super Uper Eh.... Cha-Ching 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 01:17:30 pm »
That is great Hawk,I am already packing,see yall next week.Ryan if you need help Beau and I will be glad to give you a hand Thursday evening and Friday,ant use to just sitting around.I don't plan on bringing anything to work on so I will just be hanging
out and enjoying the company. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 01:16:02 am »
Thanks Pappy.
Here's the ajenda I just typed up.

WELCOME TO PRESQUE ISLE FIELD ARCHERS
   3RD ANNUAL TRADITIONAL ONLY SHOOT

HERE IS A LIST OF EVENTS YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS!

FRIDAY
              -  Registration for camping and shooting starts.
              -  Everyone is invited to sit around the camp fire down by the big tent Friday                     
                 Evening. Lets all hang out and have a good time! Flint knapping and bow
                 Making is encouraged!

SATURDAY
               -3-D  courses are open to shoot from sunrise to sunset.
               - A breakfast buffet is available in the club house from 7:00am until its gone!
                 Trust me you don’t want to miss out on this!
               -The Vendors are open from 8:30am to 5:00pm in the club house.
               -Lunch is available in the club house around 12:00 pm until?
              - “THE SMOKER ROUND” - bring one arrow and your bow. The cost is Five
                 Dollars. The shooter with the best score and still has his or her arrow in one
                 piece at the end split’s the pot with the club. Meet Jimmy Sudul at the practice
                Range at 2:00pm sharp if your interested.
               - A seminar on “Tuning wooden arrows” by Claude Stewart of
                Allegheny Archers will be under the big tent at 4:00pm.
               - “POT LUCK DINNER” come join us under the big tent for a feast.
                  Please bring a dish to pass.  Be there at 6:00pm sharp. (Location may be
                 moved to the club house if the weather doesn’t cooperate.)
               - Door prizes are drawn for at the dinner and you must be present to win.
               - “Swap meet” 7:30pm or right after the door prizes are drawn at the big tent.
                  Sell or trade your unwanted archery/hunting related items.
              -  Campfire around the big tent at dark, come hang out, have a beverage.
SUNDAY
             - 3-D  courses are open to shoot from sunrise to sunset.
             -A breakfast buffet is available in the club house from 7:00am until its gone!
            - The Vendors are open at 8:30am until ? In the club house.
            - Christian bow hunters are having a worship service under the big tent at 8:00 am
            - Bill Hawker will do a seminar on “primitive fire starting” under the big
               tent at 9:00 am.
            - Qualifying for the “TRADITIONAL BOW HUNTER CHALLENGE” will be at the practice
              Range from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Bring your bow and at least three arrows.
            - Lunch is served in the club house 12:00 pm till its gone.
            - At 1:00 pm we will announce the top five qualifiers at the big tent. We will then
               proceed out on the course with just the top 5 qualifiers for the competition.
 SUNDAY CONTINUED
              - All qualifiers need to bring any and all items with them that they think they may need if they were on a real hunt. (excluding broad heads) This is not only a test of your shooting skills but also a test of your archery hunting and woodsman ship and survival skills. The Winner will be announced and the trophy awarded under the big tent after the competition is complete. May the best Traditional bow hunter win!

MONDAY-
          - Courses closed. All Members are encouraged to stay and help clean up.
Thank you for coming! Hope to see you all again next year! If you have any questions or comments on how we could improve our shoot for next year please feel free to drop Me (Ryan) or Pat or Jim a line. Your input is appreciated.

OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST-
          - Bow raffle see any P.I.F.A. member for tickets. We are raffling off a Right handed, 55#@28” 66”nock to nock hickory backed black locust Deflex reflex longbow. Made by Ryan O’Sullivan. $5.00 for one ticket or 3 for $10.00 Money benefit’s the club.

- Get your Presque Isle Field Archer T-shirts at the club house. $12.00

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 01:51:17 am »
Nice agenda, It works for me!! and ain't it great that Pappy will be there!!, wait till he sees my Pappy hat, some people will see me and say Hay he's got a Pappy Hat on. and when they see my wife they will say Hey she's got one of those Pappy hats too!!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 09:43:11 pm »
Talked with tyhe boss and it ain't happening. My son will be home on leave the first week of June
and the expense to drive down is just to much. Hope you show Pappy and Beau a big time Ryan :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 06:49:11 am »
Wished you could make it Dana ,but I understand,I figure a couple hundred for me to drive up and that is going light,ant camped this light in a long time but I don't want to pull my trailer that far.
I am ready and got most of my stuff packed.We are leaving early ,who knows we may be there
by noon Thursday.Ryan can we get in if we get there early ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 10:42:44 am »
Just call my cell phone when you get there Pappy. I'll probally be there out in the woods setting targets up. 814-873-2461.

Offline Ryano

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 10:43:34 am »
Wish you could make it Dana. Maybe next year...... :(

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:42 am »
Thanks Ryan,got it over my sun visor,By the way is there showers there ? If not no matter
i will take a W#%%$# bath to get by.I plan on finishing packing tonight and pulling out around 3 in the morning so we will see ya sometime Thursday evening.How is the weather up there,
Temp. Rain  ??? Hawk maybe I can finely get to see you shoot ,all I have ever seen was you sanding or scraping on something.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 10:48:14 am »
Pappy, The real test for us is the one arrow shoot, I'm betting that I can get thru three targets (I know that I'm being extremely optimistic). maybe Ryan could set stakes for shooters that are over sixty five? I've been looking for arrows made of KRIPTON or titanium, colbot, carbide, high speed @rc 60/61. no luck so far, I guess primitive arrows with self nocks will half to do.  I hope to be there Thursday afternoon, so one of you and Bau's options is to have dinner (Thur night) and breakfast (Fri morning ) with us . I'll start packing as soon as I fire off this post, and remember Rhyno I can help do something also.  the Hawk is Pumped,  GOT STUFF WILL TRADE FOR GAS..... Cha-Ching

Offline Ryano

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 10:53:35 am »
Pappy, no showers at the club but we have regular bathrooms with hot water. I could probally talk my brother into setting up his portable unit off of his pop up camper, or you and Beau can come to my house if you want. Its about a 10 minute ride from the club. The weather is supost to be good nock on wood.....60's and 70's and sunny during the day but kinda chilly at night (40's) so bring a jaket and a warm sleeping bag. ;D