Author Topic: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!  (Read 37619 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Getting Del the Cat to the Classic!
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2014, 10:00:31 am »
Glad you made it home safe and sound, Del. It was great meeting you and I really enjoyed our little chats over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing the pics you took and hearing some of your tales.
 I was even jet lagged when I got home and yesterday and I didn't even fly.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2014, 10:01:17 am »
It was great meeting you Del, and listening to your stories about beating up on a mouthy "champion archer" at a range were very entertaining.  I really like seeing you shoot the 40 yard bales as the guy with the very loud contraption was keeping an eye on you as he shot close by.  That clanker he was shooting was loud!!  Glad you're home safe and hope to cross paths again in the future.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline wildman

« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:27 am »
It was great to meet you Del. I enjoyed your lesson on drawing a war bow. Your yew longbow was a real art piece.  I may see what I can do about getting one of my kitty quivers across the pond.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2014, 10:20:30 am »
I am happy to hear Del and the rest of you yahoos had such a grand time ;) ;) ;) I am sorry I missed meeting you Del and the rest of the clan.  Someday soon. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2014, 11:45:28 am »
I sure enjoyed the company, Del.  It was a lot of fun getting to talk to you and having some laughs.  I got a picture of you and I, I'll have to post!

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline 4dog

« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2014, 07:29:25 pm »
didnt get a pic of you ...but sure enjoyed chatting with you and Jdub  for awhile...you are now Sir del to me..lol...also enjoyed your frustration with some stretchy string till cody gave you a "PROPER" string to go on that bow made out of "PROPER" bowwood....all good memories of everything at the classic!!  be safe Sir del!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2014, 09:36:09 pm »
There was a photo shot of Del along with as many of the folks as we could find that had pitched in to help get him "over the pond".  I think Mike Moore from P.A. shot it.  Maybe we'll save that shot for the article.  >:D

Del was certainly the belle of the ball.  Everyone wanted a piece of his time.  As for someone that was nearly crippled with jet lag and subsequent lack of sleep, he took it all in stride.  He proved he was a gentleman of the first cut, through and through. 

I wanted to get a photo of me kneeling before him with him tapping me on the shoulder with a big ol' rasp so I could say I had been knighted....it just wasn't in the cards. 

Thanks to all of you that helped make my plans work out, thank you to everyone that worked hard at making Del feel comfortable and welcome.  If I ever had a doubt about the class of people that this forum encompasses, that doubt has been slain. From deep in my heart, thank you everyone.  You folks are the greatest people on earth!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2014, 08:00:46 am »
Jdub...YOU!   are one of those "greatest people on earth"  that you speak of!!
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2014, 09:06:18 am »
Jdub...YOU!   are one of those "greatest people on earth"  that you speak of!!

Dido that 4dog!!

JW is a GOODER!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2014, 09:44:05 am »
It was great meeting you Del, and listening to your stories about beating up on a mouthy "champion archer" at a range were very entertaining.  I really like seeing you shoot the 40 yard bales as the guy with the very loud contraption was keeping an eye on you as he shot close by.  That clanker he was shooting was loud!!  Glad you're home safe and hope to cross paths again in the future.
Cheers, yeah, that thing he was shootin' sounded like a car crash every time he shot!
When I did that 5 shots from one spot challenge thing. I figured that if I couldn't hit 'em, I'd at least miss quick and with some style ;D
I hit 4 out of the 5, but not in the kill like you guys, I was just happy to hit 'em :laugh:... shows the difference between you real hunters and the UK.
Mind if there had been some mounted French knights as targets, I might have done better ;) 
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2014, 09:31:55 am »
I was just thinking how I had gotten over not being able to go this year....til I read this thread and looked at all the pics taken while you guys had a whale of a time. Now I'm feelin sorry for myself again. I am so glad the trip turned out well for Del and my hat's off to you, JDub and the rest who helped make it happen. I know one thing for sure. I am already planning the trip for next year.  ;)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA