Author Topic: Various Releases  (Read 3363 times)

Offline PrimitiveTim

Various Releases
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:27:59 pm »
Someone asked me to make a video on a few different types of grips.  I showed primary, secondary, tertiary, mediterranean, ishi, and thumb lock grips.
Let me know what you think and what kind of grip you use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6xtQ4pu1c&feature=youtu.be
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Traxx

Re: Various Releases
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:12:16 pm »
actually,
Ishis grip was a thumb hold with the middle finger holding the thumb and the pointer finger bent and rsting on the arrow.He also shot the arrow off the right side of the bow.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:05 am »
actually,
Ishis grip was a thumb hold with the middle finger holding the thumb and the pointer finger bent and rsting on the arrow.He also shot the arrow off the right side of the bow.
Aight, thanks.  The more I learn about his grip the more I feel like he was just messing with those anthropologists. lol
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 02:05:47 am »
Pope wrote,that Ishi was the only known Native to use this style,but i have found evidence that contradicts that assumption.I think the style was more common than was thought.I have experimented with several native styles and when you use them in the situations that they were developed to be used in,you start to realize why they were used and can develop an appreciation of  these methods.