Author Topic: Just had THE talk with my son  (Read 5704 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Just had THE talk with my son
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 12:20:24 pm »
I never got the talk when I was young.  Might be why I took the accelerated pregnancy route to getting married  ;D

lmao hmmm never got the talk either and had my daughter when i was 17.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 01:14:20 pm »
Fun.  I get to teach the reproductive system in Bio class next week.  Good times.  I suppose I'm the guy that gets to actually do the proper job for so many kids that don't have a Dad around.  Funny at this age though, they all think they've got it down cold and joke but then they have no clue about the important stuff, girls not knowing where there ovaries are ...young guys clueless about the prostate, etc.

I'm not even going to write some of the questions I've been asked over the years. ::)  I just say, "Do your best to keep it respectful."

1’—>1’

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »
Fun.  I get to teach the reproductive system in Bio class next week.  Good times.  I suppose I'm the guy that gets to actually do the proper job for so many kids that don't have a Dad around.  Funny at this age though, they all think they've got it down cold and joke but then they have no clue about the important stuff, girls not knowing where there ovaries are ...young guys clueless about the prostate, etc.

I'm not even going to write some of the questions I've been asked over the years. ::)  I just say, "Do your best to keep it respectful."

I'm teaching the same to middle schoolers Parnell. It is too much fun throwing out biological terms and the laughter that follows. Seriously, I agree that too many are hearing for the first time in my class.

Good job Cip, I was having that talk a couple of years ago with my son. It opens up a good line of communication for the years to follow. Just wait until you get asked about other stuff!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 01:39:15 pm »

whats a prostate?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 02:14:43 pm »

whats a prostate?

Bowman53 go to you tube and type in "the Colorectal surgeon song"  Two Canadians.  They're great. ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:18:18 pm by stickbender »

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:47 pm »
lmao that sounds like a very awkward song lol but ill look it up

Offline Parnell

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 02:56:41 pm »

whats a prostate?

;D Ya made me laugh!
1’—>1’

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 03:01:09 pm »

whats a prostate?

;D Ya made me laugh!

:D lol

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »

I know what you mean, I have a 15 yo daughter, all you have to tell them is "son, I am not afraid to die for her are you?" "If you are don't do anything that would make me kill you."

Grady

"Everything you do to my daughter, I'm going to do to you"... that should work, hahahaha. She will get treated to nice dinners, gifts etc, but not much else :D

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 04:02:50 pm »

I know what you mean, I have a 15 yo daughter, all you have to tell them is "son, I am not afraid to die for her are you?" "If you are don't do anything that would make me kill you."

Grady

"Everything you do to my daughter, I'm going to do to you"... that should work, hahahaha. She will get treated to nice dinners, gifts etc, but not much else :D

have you seen the scene in Bad Boys two where the boy comes to pick up his daughter for a date? hilarious lol

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 04:34:52 pm »
Thanks guys.  I did not get the talk either.  I just thought it was a Hispanic thing.  I didn't want my kids to be ones not knowing anything.  Parnell and Tracy that's a tough job you guys have.  Keep up the dandy work.   ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »
I kinda went the same route as Clint, funny thing is, everytime I went out mom said, "keep your p#$%@r in your pants" oh well I listened most of the time :laugh:
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 06:10:28 pm »
When I was a sophomore in high school, we lived in a little town in Wyoming that was settled by a splinter group of very fundamentalist Mormons.  One late night coming home on the school bus from some out of town event a senior girl asked me what it was that married people did that started the baby.  I was a little shocked, in my class of about 40 sophomores there were three married couples! (I said Mormon, right?)

So I told her, they have sex, duh!  She said, yeah she knew that, but WHAT was sex?  Well, she was older than me, taller than me, and awful pretty.  I imagine I was blushing enough to light up the back of the bus, but I managed to explain the mechanics.  She whispered softly in my ear that I was evil and would spend all eternity in hell for saying such things and that no good Mormon girl would ever, EVER, expect to be involved in anything like that. 

Last I heard she had 8 kids, so apparently there is another method I am yet unaware of, but am willing to learn.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 06:20:30 pm »
It's hard trying to laugh quietly at work, JW  :laugh:

Offline JEB

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 06:44:56 pm »
For you dads with daughters , it goes like this:

I am her dad, I own 40 acres, a gun and a shovel.  That ought to do it!!!

You did good Cipriano!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:15:14 pm by JEB »