Author Topic: Spirit Station  (Read 6290 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Spirit Station
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:22:18 pm »
I had a blast as usual at the Classic this year. Caught up a bit with ol Buddies and met a few more new ones. One of my favorite parts is the Spirit Station. Here are a few pics.

Cheers to all I met and my deepest consolences for those who could have made it and "decided" not to put in the effort.

It was a DAMN GOODER!!  ;) dpgratz

OH and PD...those dots on the lower right are for you all. OH, too the right on the pic w/ Josh is in memory of you. I'll try to post a better pic later.

Thanks Pappy...And all the Twin Oaks Gang!!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:26:31 pm by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bowtarist

Re: Spirit Station
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:02:04 am »
Hey Mods...if there has been 22 views and no replies...move this to Oooga Booga, it must be on the wrong pagel!! dp

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:45:30 am »
Awesome pics.  How did that Del character make out?  I bet he fit right in!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:24 am »
I'm glad that you got some pics.  I didn't take a single one.  Thanks for putting them up.   But....uhmmmm....did you have to post the pic of the fat guy in the orange hat?  Lol!  Josh

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 01:47:51 am »
look's like y'all had fun dp
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »
Very spiritual place, I was told that you could take an item there and leave it, but nothing can be taken away. Early Sunday morning I took the last point I made in the pit and left it on a small shelf in honor of the Classic. Didn't get to the Oooga Booga intro, but maybe next year!
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
Thanks for remembering me feller's, means a lot knowing my dots are there when I cant be. That's a cool place.

Nice flavor saver trucker! I had to look twice to finger out who it was.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »
I've never been to the Spirit Station!  :o  I don't know why. Maybe I'm not spiritual enough.  :-\  From the pics of it, it looks like a very cool, spiritual place.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wildman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 04:40:32 pm »
I've been to the Classic 7yrs and just this year knew where it was. Pat ,you have more than enough spirit! You guys do some awesome work.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »
Sorry ya'll, but I had to bring this back to the top. It ain't gettin outta here that easy.  ;) Have a gooder, dp

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 03:23:46 pm »
Yeah, I really enjoyed helpin out at the Spirit Station. I got a nic pic of Jade and her Guy (forgot the name :-[ ...but how come I can remember ladies names ::) )
I'll post it in a while, just editing some pics for a general pics thread.
Del
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:32:19 pm by Del the cat »
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 03:29:08 pm »
Jade and Eric. ;)

Wildman, I didn't know where it was at either and I've did a fair bit of walking around Pappy's property. I finally saw it when I had to step around the back of Brother Dan's campsite to a,a, see a man about a horse. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »
Very cool man.  Looks like a neat spot :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 10:51:00 pm »
Yeah, special place within a special place.  I wanted to go there last year, but didn't get the invite. 

This year I had the honor of helping start the fire.  I have been a part of several fire starting ceremonies, but this one meant a lot more to me.  I used my flint and steel kit to strike the spark into the char cloth.  Blackhawk was beside me with a handful of fine tinder waiting to hand me.  Suddenly it all became very clear that I was not to do this alone.  One man strikes the spark, but another fans the flames.  I handed him the char and within moments we had a nice little fire burning. 

The symbolism of "passing it along" struck me deeply.  The Tennessee Classic is an amazing exhibition of this concept, the spirit station is a distillation of that concept, and being able to spark the fire that was used by the people renewing the art on the wall was an honor I will not forget.  Thank you to all that participated and for inviting me to be involved. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »
Oh, and in the photo with Jade and whats-his-name, you can see my little archer guy in the upper right corner.  I stole that figure from the work in Lascaux Cave or one of the other caves in France.  Five straight lines, one curved line, and one circle....and it tells a story.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.