Author Topic: New Paleo DNA found  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Mohawk13

Re: New Paleo DNA found
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »
Lived around the East Wenatchee site. Not quite sure that it is legit. Has been much debate about it esp since they paved it over and have not allowed further digging around it. Why hide the find of the era and not provide access to give Scientist a chance to find further proof it was legit????
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:44 pm »
The Sugar Loaf site is on the Connecuitt River in Mass. The college put 8 feet of sand over thier property to perserve it , The otherside of property was road right of way and the Clovis points that were found last summer are truly amazing, They believe they found the actual site of manufacturing of said points, Clovis base and hafting sides were not ground so probably were not ever attached to darts, More work is planned to be done on this site this yr if all the legality are over. Bob
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 03:09:45 pm by Outbackbob48 »

Offline Mohawk13

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 12:40:16 am »
Great Site. Known as King Phillip's throne. Grew up just a few miles from there and found points and campsites all over our fields. National Geographic did a 2 year study of our property and found many Clovis and later artifacts. I will dig out the Clovis points I found and post them in a later post. Used to turn up at least 10-12 points a year from our cornfield....
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 02:15:45 am »
Mohawk.
 When Wenatchee was new with an 8 inch crystal Clovis points on the cover of
Nat Geo the world couldn't get enough. I read somewhere that those points (cashe) disappeared. ?? Yeah, something unusual there.
I hope you can post your finds. That would be cool

Bob, Sugarloaf has ties to the same archaeologist also.
Along with two other New England sites.
These digs will be worth keeping an eye on.

If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.