Author Topic: MO Jam  (Read 2785 times)

Offline SamIAm

MO Jam
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:20:00 am »
Anyone here ever been to the Mo Jam, Ozark Self-Bow Jamboree in Marshall, MO?  It's next weekend July 17-19th.  I've been told it's an awesome event and sponsored, I think, by Primitive Archer Magazine.  Would like to hear your feedback.  I retired about 2 weeks ago and I'm planning on going.  Thanks.
"To thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."

JacksonCash

Re: MO Jam
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:22 pm »
Haven't been, but really want to go some day. Work keeps interfering with my hobbies...

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 01:28:38 pm »
I hear that Jackson.

Offline Crogacht

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:02:01 pm »

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:30:51 pm »
Just what I was looking for.  Thanks alot.  Sam

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »
Hey Sam - I've been the last two years and wouldn't miss it for the WORLD!  It's a great time.  Lot's of good people with similar interests to my own.  It's a simple affair with some, but not too much structure.  The high light event is the potluck dinner on Saturday evening and the live auction that follows.  Loads of fun that night to be sure!  Everything from home made weapons to home made adult beverages.  All in all - a GREAT WAY to kick off your recent retirement!!!

You'll hear some rumors about it getting HOT there some years, ...but don't credit those tales none!  Though it's never yet been frozen out or cancelled for a frost advisory, ...it's plenty cool to be comfortable. ***  In fact this year's forecast is quite pleasant!

OneBow

*** This statement has not been verified to be true or valid by any government sanctioned regulatory agency and should not relied upon as a sole source of information on the topic.  Your millage may vary significantly.  The author's opinions do not necessarily represent the observed facts as reported by others.  No assurance of authenticity is intended or implied by this statement.  It's actually likely to be substantially hotter here than on the hotter side of the most over-burnt sector of HELL's deepest inferno after a gasoline thunderstorm.

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:09:43 pm »
Thanks OneBow.  Any suggestions for the pot luck?  And should it be cooked ahead of time?

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:07 pm »
Thanks OneBow.  Any suggestions for the pot luck?  And should it be cooked ahead of time?

DVShunter was telling someone a little bit back that the tradition is for people to bring grilled Ribeyes or buttered Lobster, but I think he might've been kidding a bit...

There's a good mix of prepared stuff, home cooked, and camp made vittles.  It's really pretty wide open.  Haven't noted too many folk looking for vegetarian fare at this event, ...but then I wouldn't expect such to frequent MOJAM.   >:D :o ;D :P

OneBow

Offline SamIAm

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 07:19:15 pm »
Unless maybe you've got some Euell Gibbons devotees in attendance and they've been stalking a wild asparagus.   ;)