Author Topic: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3  (Read 57002 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall shoot Aug 1-3
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2014, 06:05:11 pm »
more

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »
more

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:42 pm »
more

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »
more

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:17:18 pm by PEARL DRUMS »

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
This young man won the bow I donated. The club raffled it off. He had a smile from ear to ear, I loved seeing it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »
Hey Ryguy....whats in the cup?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »
Thanks to ALL who made their way up, down or over to come see us. It was a smashing time, as Elm Hall always is! Im pretty sure Ill see most of you again next summer. And I hear there is a Kentucky/Indiana posse heading this way 2015.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »
This young man won the bow I donated. The club raffled it off. He had a smile from ear to ear, I loved seeing it.
Yep, not a doubt, that's one thrilled young fella!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2014, 07:52:00 pm »
Great event once again, a big thanks to all the hard working members who make it so nice for the rest of us to enjoy.
I left a lot of blood out there on the course but had more fun in the four days I was there than I'll likely have in the next month of days. Was good to see all my friends again and to make new ones as always happens at these kind of gatherings. I took pictures but broke my camera saturday when I sat on it and I can't retrieve them.
A big thanks to Chris and Bob for the staves, and another big thanks to my friend Paul for the bad@$$ osage bow he crafted and gave to me, I love it brother. Can't wait till next year. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 pm »
What a great time. Good to see all of you again. It was a really relaxing time. The courses were the best. I think the mosquitos are probably satisfied for awhile. I can't wait until the next gathering.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2014, 10:12:59 pm »
I had a great time on Friday, wish I could have stayed for the weekend. Spent the day with some great people, who also helped me with my bow. Thanks to all. I'm already looking forward to next year's gathering at Marshall and again
at Elm Hall.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:48 pm »
Thanks for the pics guys. I recognize a few folks there. I really like Ryan's sword. Is that part of his medical training?  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2014, 12:08:49 am »
Good meeting you tony "EZC" hope you have fun carving on the yellow wood, you will see why people go a little nuts over it.  Hope to see you up North in the fall.

Nice pics Chris,  and yes, using the heat gun with your tongue sticking out helps. Lol
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline chamookman

« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2014, 05:01:46 am »
Thanks for posting pics Chris. I was there in "Spirit" - sure missed being there with a lot of great Friends. Should be able to make next Year, Good Lord willing. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2014, 05:30:21 am »
Yep great time for sure,thanks Chris for the pictures,I will post a few more when I get time to size them.It was great seeing all my friends,hard to beat that. Wished I had more time to shoot but seems their is never enough time. :) :) Lots of pictures posted on Life is good. ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:44:59 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good