Author Topic: Squirrel's Den - An Osage Bow  (Read 14470 times)

Offline Olschool

Re: Squirrel's Den - An Osage Bow
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:41 pm »
WOW! That really turned out GREAT!! I love the strung profile, and the tiller at full draw is beautiful.

Adam Keiper

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 12:08:46 am »
Yeah, I'm also/was AK in PA.  I've been lurking here and there, just not posting much on PA.  I thought this one might get a chuckle or two.   ;)

Jesse/Stan, I ran almost every tool I had in that knot (no comments from the peanut gallery); scrapers, a pointy knife, hammer and chisel, Dremel tool, round rasps, anything I could fit it in it which would take away wood.  The knot runs under the back and towards the handle about 1/2", and actually did go through the original belly surface.  The handle patch covered up the belly opening.  Just before finishing, I painted the inside black to look like, well, a hole.   :D

It was fun.  I've been working on several follies, though, and really should get back to making serious "one shot and a thousand miles from home" hunting bows.   ;D

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 09:00:31 pm »
Man this bow has it all; great tiller, character, beauty and more character.
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 09:47:12 pm »
        Adam,It's still a pretty bow,no matter who...,whic...,what tool you used.  ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wulamoc

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2008, 08:26:59 am »
NIce bow!!  Lots of character!  How does it shoot?
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. GEN-21:20

Michigan

330bull

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2008, 09:54:24 pm »
WOW what an eye catcher and a work of art.  Simply stunning and the braced profil is so incredibly unique.  How could you ever improve on something like that?  You simply nailed it!

Joe

Offline Asiertxu

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 10:44:53 am »
Really creative and unique job Adam!!
Every time I look at that hole, I can see those squirrels getting in and out from it!! :) ;)...
Thanks for share and keep up that COOL job you make Adam!!
Cheers..
Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.