Author Topic: Osage Bow (Some Character)  (Read 12745 times)

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
Re: Osage Bow (Some Character)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 06:19:29 pm »
That's a great bow for sure! :) Luck has nothing to do with it when you create a bow that has no hand shock and shoots hard and flat. It's all down to the bowyer and it's the bow's way of telling you that you did well!
The tiller is truly examplary.
This only minor point of critique I have is regarding the string grooves. The back side of the grooves appears to have a sharp 90 degree angle. It would literally take one minute to round the edges a bit more, to minimize the wear on the string loop.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »
  Greg, thanks man...means a lot coming from you. I'm going for a bendy next project but I have to locate some bear grease to finish this one up...
                                                                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 06:28:41 pm »
Your right Jorik they need to be softened up a good bit and I still need to put a finish on it. Thank you for the compliments Sir...
                                                                      Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Badger

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »
  Excellent job on that one. Straight longbows are my favorite.

Offline rps3

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »
I'm betting luck didn't have much to do with this bow. Excellent work.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 10:35:54 pm »
Beautiful bow Don. I just keep getting wowed by the bows on this site. Thanks for showing it.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 11:13:34 pm »
Badger, RPS3 and DuBois, Thank you guys for your comments...Yes there are some beautiful bows on this site DuBois made by some real artisans and wish I could be at that level some day...This is a wonderful site full of great folks...
                                                                                                                               Don

Stringman

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 12:48:43 am »
You nailed it Don! Good work!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 01:50:30 am »
Don, I have to agree with Dark Soul in that luck had nothing to do with it.  That is just great work my friend.  I like everything about this one.  Tiller is spot on, the leather work looks sharp, full draw and unbraced couldn't be better.    That looks like a first rate hunting bow to me. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 01:55:17 am »
Scott and Howard, Thank you for the kind words much appreciated coming from you guys...
                                                                                                                                        Don

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 07:06:49 am »
Very nice work,got to love that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 08:07:02 am »
Don
  Really nice bow you have there. Tiller looks perfect. I really like that color of Osage. Thanks for sharing.

Offline dwardo

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 10:25:01 am »
Great bow and great tiller. That bend is so pleasing on the bow center of the brain. Like therapy  :D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2014, 01:23:55 pm »
That is a beautiful tiller shot.  Great job on that bow.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 01:51:06 pm »
Pappy, dwardo and osage outlaw, Wow! Thanks guys for the kind comments, much appreciated...
Dean, a big thank you goes out to you, that was one piece of sweet Osage you sent me full of red streaks and not even a pin knot...Probably as close as you could get to a perfect stave...Thank you all again :)
                                                                                                            Don