Author Topic: Arrow lifting off bow  (Read 2881 times)

Don Case

Arrow lifting off bow
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
I'm just starting to learn to shoot. I shot a bunch of times, then my fingers stared to get sore. I cut a finger tab using a plan I found on the net. My fingers are fine but now around half of the time when I draw the arrow lifts off the bow. I sure it must be the tab but I'm not sure how to solve this. I opened up the slot that the arrow sits in and that seemed to help a bit but the arrow still lifts off the bow. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Don

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Arrow lifting off bow
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:55:43 pm »
Don, you are gripping at the string instead of using your drawing fingers as a hook. By gripping, the direction your fingers point is the direction you are pushing the arrow. With the hook method you hook your fingers over the string and pull straight back without curling your fingers in as you draw. You may have to open the space in the tab so the nock isn't interfered with by the tab.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wooden Spring

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:55:25 pm »
It sounds like your fingers are rotating as you draw back the string. Just make sure that when you are drawing the bow, you are using 3 fingers, and be sure the string rest at the first joints of those fingers. When you draw, draw straight back without rotating your fingers and you should be fine.
"Everything that moves shall be food for you..." Genesis 9:3

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:15:53 am »
in other words...dont squeeze the string...just pull the string...just tryin to clarify ....lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:42:30 pm »
You could also try three fingers under . That will probably solve your problem right there. You're likely pinching the arrow between your index and middle finger.