Author Topic: Giardia...who has had it?  (Read 2682 times)

Offline nclonghunter

Giardia...who has had it?
« on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »
I think I may have Giardia and am wondering if anyone else has had it and what symptoms and length of time you had it. Also what cure did you take?
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Giardia...who has had it?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 06:36:48 am »
I Googled it and found this from the CDC
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/giardia/
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:00:32 am »
My niece had it once when she was a baby.  They think she got it from playing in the cats water dish. Her symptoms were, nausea, diarrhea and weight loss.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 09:31:05 am »
I think that is what the early settlers referred to as Beaver Fever.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 04:57:43 pm »
I had a bug like that years ago, constant diarrhea for about 4 days. I would go 4 times before going to work.  Went to the doctor and he gave me the sample collection thingy.  The day after my symptoms disappeared.  A customer came into the shop soon after and he said his wife had same type of bug, she ended up been hospitalized.
..................the doctor had the bedside manners of a sick pit bull.  ..... >:D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:06:19 am »

A Friend of mine got it once, and one of the guys wife, told him to drink a glass of black berry brandy.  I love Black Berry Brandy.  You can watch the fumes, move around the glass, and up the sides.  Anyway, he took it, and felt great the next day, but was still cautious about farting.  ;) :P ::)  But it would be better to go to a doctor, and be sure of what you have.  There are all kinds of little nasty's living in untreated, or boiled water.  Amoebas, protozoa's etc.  All can cause similar symtoms, but some are a lot more serious, than others, and can cause damage to organs.  So it might be better to get checked out as to what it is exactly that you have.  Try the Brandy, but still go get checked out.  After, you have straightened out from the Brandy. ;) ;)

Wayne

Offline 4dog

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:21 am »
BOIL YOUR WILD WATER!!!!!   LOL..no puddle drinkin kids...please
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Marks

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:10:55 pm »
BOIL YOUR WILD WATER!!!!!   LOL..no puddle drinkin kids...please
So you're saying to lose weight all I have to do is drink puddle water?!?!?! Forget diet pills and counting carbs!