Author Topic: electric dog fence  (Read 1652 times)

Offline RBLusthaus

electric dog fence
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:44 pm »
Hey Guys

Thinking about getting a family dog (I never had a dog before) - a lab kinda mix mutt from the pound -  and wanted to ask about electric fences.  I would want to set up an electric fence on my property so the dog can run (I live on 2 wooded acres)  - but want the kind where I dont have to bury a wire -  I want the kind that has a transmitter of some kind in the garage (lets say) and the electro ? field it emits works with a collar that the dog wears.  I see different kinds advertised for dog training purposes also. Cabela, LL Bean, etc. 

Anybody have or use one?  Do they work?  On a hill?  Good enough to rely on - - as in - let the dog out into the yard and not worry he will "escape"? 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

Russ

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: electric dog fence
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »
My nephew has one on his over energetic dog. It sounds when they get close and zaps if they go past. He said it didn't take long for the dog to figure he needed to stop when he heard that faint beep. The unit itself is about a foot round and a foot high.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:38:30 pm »
Ozzy just got one of the wireless systems and seems to like it for their dog. Might want to pm him if he doesn't see the post.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »
I have the pet safe IF-300 it works great on my 60# pittbull. It will let her go 90' each side of the unit or down to 10' . It was 250$ at menards if you have any question send me a pm.
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Will look into it.

Russ