Author Topic: Hip waders  (Read 3972 times)

Offline PeteC

Hip waders
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:38:17 pm »
Anyone bought any good hip waders lately? The last pair I bought was back in the seventies and they had canvas uppers and comfortable boots.I used them when I ran a trapline.  I'm looking for quality,with a well shaped boot,for walking several miles a day pig huntin'. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,and God Bless       
                                                             Administrators,if you think this might be seen better elsewhere,feel free to move it, Thanks
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Hip waders
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:55:51 pm »
Pete, I moved this here to "Around the Campfire" for better visibility.

OK guys, no direct links please! If you have suggestions give them here. If you have a link, PM it to Pete.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:29:17 am »
Pete - I bought a pair of Pro Line canvas upper hippers last year for trapping - GREAT boot for the money! Most trapping supply outlets carry them. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:36:01 am »
Thank you Bob,I'll check em out. God Bless

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
Pete my only suggestion is to trust the reviews you read on the various websites you shop. If the boots get a good rating with a lot of folks chiming in, your probably looking at good waders. I had a pair of Red Balls years ago that where great. Lord knows if they are even making waders still.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:02:03 pm »
cabela makes a nice line.   Not sure how much abuse you intend - - but they have the gamete from lite weight to neoprene.  I like boot foot - - but if u do lots of hiking in them - stocking foot with good lite weight shoes are better bet. 

Offline PeteC

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
Pearly,there's no tellin' how many ducks I killed wearin' "Red Ball" chest waders.I would hunt a pair a couple of seasons,but by the end of the second season,I'd have so many patch jobs on them they would weigh twice what they started out at. ;D.      RB, I'll abuse the heck of them,that's why I want some tough hippers. Too many greenbriers,blackberry,etc., where I hunt.  Thanks, and God Bless

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 05:07:22 am »
Pete - Nobody's harder on waders than trappers - that's why I suggested the Proline. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.