Author Topic: Fishing With Homemade Lures - Video  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Mike Joe

Fishing With Homemade Lures - Video
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »
I was able to go fishing in my Aunts pond a few days ago, and while I was there I decided to try out a little top water lure that I originally made for creek fishing. The first time I got it wet I caught a little bream. The lure I used was one of the first ones that I made, and "crude" is a good way to describe it, but since it caught fish, and my lure making skills are much better now, I plan to make a more refined version.  Here's a link to the video, and if anyone on here makes wooden fishing lures I'd love to see them. Thanks for looking.

http://youtu.be/Sx6MeQFvHTg
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline Zuma

Re: Fishing With Homemade Lures - Video
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 09:24:07 pm »
Right down my alley. lol
I was a poor kid. Went to the dump to find enough parts for a bicycle etc.
I grew up cheap. Had to catch my pets. I have made Flatfish, Hula Popper,
Jitterbug etc. Best story--- My 10 year old came (joint custody) down here to the river. It was to cold to get mad-toms or helgramites. (Thanksgiving)
So I said, you want to make a mad tom? Heck yeah dad, I want some bass. Lol we carved it up and painted it.
He got a 15" Largemouth first cast. We high fived did a jig and knew we were goin to be big in tackle sales. No other slimy fish mouth ever touched that  >:( mad tom AKA stone cat, baby catfish). Any way create it do not buy it.
Go to the rapids where the canoes tip over, for poles, reels, lead, lures, beer, wine, sunglasses and jewelry. As well as a peeved bikini clad beauty.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »
I'll try and post a picture of my Flip-Flop Bream fly tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mike Joe

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:00:54 pm »
That's a cool story Zuma! I haven't found a lot of stuff at the creek, but I've gotten a few lures by climbing trees where people had got them hung up.
"Son, we don't really care how it looks, We want it to work." - John McPherson

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 08:20:23 am »
Herter's was an important part of my younger days.  We had a lake on the edge of town that had crappie, bass, and trout and nobody fished for the bass.  I made my own bass plugs, built a raft and had my own private lake.  I still have the Herter's brown fiberglass spinning pole I made to fish with.  I have tied trout flies forever and made a mold for making lures to catch salmon.  I grew up poor and did not know it and still think I can make things!  One of the great things about this site is the people here feel the same way and are very good at it!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Zuma

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 12:45:10 pm »
That's a cool story Zuma! I haven't found a lot of stuff at the creek, but I've gotten a few lures by climbing trees where people had got them hung up.
Cool thread! I think it will jar a few memories. It did for me.
Thanks Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.