Author Topic: Osage Staves  (Read 4535 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Osage Staves
« on: August 09, 2014, 02:37:18 pm »
 Any of you folks ordered staves from James Easter out of Iowa?
                                                                                                Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Osage Staves
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »
Sent you a PM.

Offline 4giveme

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:28:16 pm »
Hi,
I have ordered his DVD after speaking with him and his dad for about an hour on the phone. I have not ordered a stave yet, but if you can you tell me how you fair in that adventure.
God bless,
Tommy
Ps,
The DVD was very informative.
God bless and thanks,
Tommy

"There are only two things we can't change, yesterday and tomorrow. So let's live in the moment and make the best choices we can right now."

Unknown author.

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 09:53:28 pm »
I got the DVD and ordered a book from him.
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:25:05 am »
I've never dealt with him,but I've seen a lot of bad wrap on the forums about him(more bad than good)...."buyer beware"....IMHO there's better places to aquire osage staves...and some of them are the good folks ya see on here who have a good reputation...just my two cents  :-X

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:59 am »
A while back a newbie posted a picture of a stave he bought  from the guy to see what we thought of it, he paid big bucks for the stave sight unseen. The so called stave had a wrist sized limb growing out the back which was bad enough but also had another limb growing crossways, side to side through the "stave". No ethical stave dealer would have ever sent that piece of junk to anyone, much less an absolute beginner who knew nothing about bow building.

The guy posted on the thread (Stickbow) with some lame excuse, he was using a handle so we didn't know who he was at first but soon found out it was the dealer in question. Us experienced bow makers piled it on the guy pretty hard for doing such a thing but I don't know if he refunded the newbies money or made it right in any way.

I have been in the bow business for a long time and noticed the low life's who try to make a quick buck damage their reputation and pay for it in the long run.

Word spreads about straight shooters as well, they have more business than they can handle and gain the respect of the archery community in the process.

Speaking of straight shooters, look up Gary Davis, his ready to tiller osage bow blanks sell for 1/3 less than the guy in questions sight-un-seen osage staves.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:57:17 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 11:09:17 am »
I took care of Don  . he has two close to Osage blanks and a stave headed his way .

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:17:42 am »
Atta boy Bob ;)  ...chances are good it can from my stock?  ???  ::)

Offline CrazyHorse1969

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 11:54:45 am »
My two-cents: I e-mailed the dealer in question two months back inquiring about a stave, explaining I was a newbie (because I am) and how I wanted to try my hand at working an Osage stave. He wanted $225 plus S/H. That sounded pretty pricey.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:27:36 pm by CrazyHorse1969 »
"For if he like a madman lived, at least he like a wise one died." ~ Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »
I've heard the same story so many times. He scams, he lies and he isn't cool at all. He can keep his osage, or stuff it somewhere if he chooses.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:10:56 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 01:06:00 pm »
  Yes, Bob (hunterbob) was kind enough to drop in out of know where and hook me up with some beautiful Osage, wrapped it up and in the mail already ;) It's nice being a member here and meeting such nice informative and generous folks...I was blown away by Bob's kindness...Yea Chris it's from your vintage 1997 stock and one of them you guys cut together a couple years back...Bob sent some pics and it looks super nice, can't wait for the mail man to get here...Thanks to all who posted and was looking out for me... ;)
                                                                                                                  Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 01:18:01 pm »
Whenever I need something I always ask here first. Get it faster cheaper and better. Can't beat the cooperative that is PA
Nothing ventured nothing gained

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 02:11:03 pm »
Enjoy that ole stuff Don...it don't get much better than that...its made some nice bows I know firsthand ;)