Author Topic: Mountian Goat with selfbow?  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Ron Wright

Mountian Goat with selfbow?
« on: September 19, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »
I drew a mountain goat tag here in Idaho and I'm seriously considering using my selfbow for the first hunt. Anyone do this?

I have a 45# mollegabet style with 460grn arrows and magnus buzzcuts. Will this work at under 20 yards or am I pushing the limits to much?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Mountian Goat with selfbow?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:39:15 pm »
I don't know how tough goats are but it will shoot through a deer with proper shot placement and a scary sharp broadhead.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:09:31 pm »
Good shot placement, razor sharp 2 blade broad head and arrow weight at 10-12 grains per pound of bows draw weight and my guess is you'll be eating goat chops. Never been fortunate enough to hunt goats but that combo
will take down an elk so I would think a goat would fall as well. Sounds like a dream hunt, good luck. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Chad

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:21:10 pm »
Please write about your experiences, even if you don't get one! I really would love it hear about it, hunting a mountain goat is definitely one of my dream hunts!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 06:54:40 pm by Chad »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 11:20:13 pm »
Write an article for PA Magazine. They are always looking for good stories. Take lots of pics and as high def as you can for the magazine.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ron Wright

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 11:46:14 pm »
I have been Elk hunting with it this month and have it tuned pretty good. My bare shaft, field points, and broadheads group together as good as I can shoot out to 25 yards. I would imagine Elk are thicker than Goats, just second guessing myself.

I'll do my best with pics and a story ;)

Offline jayman448

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:45:14 am »
hey, ol fred bear did it. all i goto say bro ;)