Author Topic: hunting camp  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Badly Bent

hunting camp
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:07:32 am »
Starting to daydream about hunting camp and fall, a little over 5 weeks away to opening day here and little longer than that before it truly looks like fall but its coming. The pic. below was taken last season at spot my brother, nephew and I camped at for a weekend in pursuit of deer last fall. The best time of the year is fast approaching for those of us who live for this. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Stixnstones

Re: hunting camp
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:48 am »
that pic gave me shivers , can feel season approachin in me loins
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:19:21 am »
Awesome pic Greg. Im soooo ready for a weekend hunt/camp in nordern Michigan.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 11:32:10 am »
This is soooo awesome.  I have greatcountry to hunt, but these 1/2 day hunts are just not cutting it,  I need to take a long weekend for sure.  Just have to appease the wife and kids  ::)  I taken several "long weekends" to chase salmon, and there's only so many I can justify to the 'boss.'  :D 

Seeing this makes me want to find a way though.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 11:34:26 am »
Amen Brother!....hey Pearlie, your inner Yooper is showin, lol... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:54:33 am »
Heck yah eh'!

I love it "up north".
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:42 am »
Great picture Greg, with an awsome setting.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 04:06:57 am »
  Greg, Lord willing I will be out there on the weekends and have a full week in October dedicated to nothing but the sound of those leaves dropping and the light crunch, crunch, crunch that every hunter listens for ;) Good luck this season bud...
                                                                                                                               Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline chamookman

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 04:35:45 am »
Dang it Greg ! I've been trying to not get TOO excited and now You're fanning the fire  :laugh:. I'm ready for some "Camp Fire" therapy ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Little John

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 05:46:25 pm »
I just found the perfect cave for my back pack elk hunt on BLM land in S.W. Colorado, have got it all stocked up and waiting for Friday evening after work. Packed the tent back home for maybe another spike camp. Oh I really like all the bows leaned up against your camper, good luck  Life is Good.        Kenneth
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:50:51 pm by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:29 am »
Looks like a very comfortable set up,yep it will be here soon, about a month. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 10:40:34 am »
Great picture, Greg. I went up to SC last weekend to help put food plots in, trim shooting lanes and set up some stands. But it's looking like I'll miss out this year, going under the knife Sept. 23 and will be laid up for quite awhile. I'll hunt through y'alls pictures.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:06 pm »
Was wondering about the date, Eddie.  That sucks.
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »
Steve, yea, but that's why I made the road trip, I had to be part of hunting season this year. I'm hoping Hillbilly, Pat, Cade, and Wade Have a good year up there. I might be able to make it before it's over.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?