Author Topic: Yosemite BUrning!  (Read 2103 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Yosemite BUrning!
« on: September 11, 2014, 12:45:29 pm »
Well, we got a gooder here in Yosemite! Fire started on the 7 and is close to 5000 acres! closed the most popular overnight backpacking area in the park. Some of you may have seen the pics on facebook. you can look up Yosemite Wildfire on FB or look up Yosemite Conservancy and their web cams or the Sentinel Dome Web  Cam.  Real smoky here in the mornings - mostly lifts out by the afternoons. Has seen a drop in visitation too! In the museum the next few days. Too bad it is only a balmy 68 degrees in there! :'( Have a gooder y'all

Offline Will Tell

Re: Yosemite BUrning!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:58:26 pm »
Put that fire out, planning a trip there in January and would be a real disappointment not to see Yosemite.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:27 pm »
Again?  Won't be much left if this keeps up.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 01:33:10 pm »
Why don't folks listen to Smoky? It seems like a conspiracy to me.
Yellowstone, Arizona, So Cal you name it. To many fires for natural causes.
Zuma
Pray for rain!
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:57:51 pm »
Well, in Arizona, we have a problem with bark beetle infestation. Add that to the "doghair thickets" in the Ponderosa forest and it's a perfect recipe for a crown fire. The fire just says to heck with burning along the ground, I'll just run along the treetops leaping from dead tree to dead tree. A forest fire here can cover a lot of ground very quickly. They usually get started by people that decide they need a bonfire in the summer. Must be cold-natured folks.

Hope you guys get a handle on the fire, Ben.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »
Look me up when you get here willtell - let me know if you need any info

As for the fire est containment date is Sep21.