Author Topic: Cabin on the cheap  (Read 13427 times)

Offline Aaron H

Re: Cabin on the cheap
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2014, 10:15:05 am »
Cabin looks great!

JacksonCash

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2014, 04:13:29 pm »
Big problem right now is I have to find a place to store 2 doz dried osage and hickory staves, oh the stress  >:D Shed going up asap.

I've got plenty of room for stave storage! Send 'em over!

Offline BarredOwl

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:37 pm »
Sweet cabin! I need more pics though.  Have you got the interior finished out yet?   

I just closed on 20 acres with a two story house on it that was built in 1890.  The framing appears to be in very solid condition.   I hope it's re-usable.  If so I hope to be starting on my own cabin project in the next year or two.  Depends on how long tear down of the old house takes.  Wish me luck I don't have any carpentry experience really but surely I can knock out something that will be somewhere north of basic shelter.   Don't want it looking like a house in town anyways.   

Offline wildman

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 07:57:56 pm »
I plan to post a ton of pics shortly. I have been living in the cabin off grid since Feb.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 04:06:16 am »
Wonderful project, wonderful story. We'd have trouble trying to do something like this in the UK, not enough land to go round... :(
If I had the time and money and experience that I have now but the energy and fitness I had 40 years ago, I'd have a go at something like that.
Kudos for getting stuck in and doing it.
Living the dream.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.