Author Topic: do i have better chances bowhunting in new hampshire, or pennsylvania  (Read 2322 times)

Offline wolfhelm

title says it all

Offline kleinpm

Re: do i have better chances bowhunting in new hampshire, or pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:01:18 pm »
Hunting what?

I think your chances are best in the area you are most familiar with.

Patrick

Offline eidsvolling

Re: do i have better chances bowhunting in new hampshire, or pennsylvania
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:41:31 pm »
Hello wolfhelm. It seems likely that you are thinking of coming to the U.S. to go bowhunting for deer (possibly turkeys or bear), and you're considering Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.

I live in New Hampshire and hunt deer with a bow (and a rifle). New Hampshire is very heavily forested, which provides good cover for deer to watch me as I walk past them.  :-) The deer population is less dense than in many states because New Hampshire does not have as much agriculture as other states. The deer are also smaller than in many states. (I grew up in Minnesota, which has lots of farms and lots of well-fed deer in some parts of the state.)

Turkeys are doing very well in New Hampshire these days. They are smart, wary birds and very challenging to hunt with a bow. I don't hunt bear, so I can't give you any good information about that.

Come to New Hampshire if you want a challenge. Go to Pennsylvania if you want a challenge AND you want a better chance of seeing and shooting a deer.

If you decide to come to New Hampshire, feel free to ask me questions, either here or by private message.