Author Topic: 4 those who live in NC  (Read 5426 times)

shootinbud

4 those who live in NC
« on: January 01, 2008, 11:56:02 pm »
whats the deal with the urban archery season startin  jan.12 soooo confused  thanks -sb

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 4 those who live in NC
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:38:00 am »
I believe it is up to the local municipalities but I don't believe any have signed up for it this first year.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:57:12 am »
Elkin has. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Guess where I am going going to be at in a few days.  My brother already has a stand up for me.

Offline TreyNC

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:30:45 pm »
Are there any public places to hunt in Elkin? I'm not that far and only know a couple of people there I will have to try to find.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:39:09 pm »
None that I know of.  It is a small town and most of the land is privately owned. 

carnivore

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 02:34:34 pm »
If they are truly a nuisance, people would be glad for you to hunt them.  It would be worth making a few phone calls.  A call to the game warden may get you setup with a place to hunt, they will be the first to be notified of nuisance deer.  Also, a good idea is to earn your way to hunt their property.  Trade work for hunting rights.  Then if you prove you are an effective shot, you will probably get calls from other landowners that feel deer are becoming a nuisance.

Savate

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:48:11 am »
I'm in Western North Carolina (Waynesville area) and I'm not sure what the urban hunt rules are....I don't remember them being covered in my Hunter Ed. course.

BTW, I'm brand new to the longbow, practicing in my yard.  Anyone near me to help me out?  ???