Author Topic: Fury  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Fury
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:25 pm »
Good movie to take in.  Four stars, imo.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
Re: Fury
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 09:03:05 pm »
That movie has the world's last operating German Tiger tank in it.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »
Ain't operatin' anymore . . . Brad shot it!   :D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »
Well, yeah, they "shot" it with special effects.  :)

I saw some great armor on display at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds museum when I was stationed there. Man, they had it all! They even had "Anzio Annie", the WW2 German railway gun.

As an aside, one of the only flying B-29 Superfortresses is in New Orleans for an airshow. It might be the only flying B-29 right now. They took some former WW2 B-29 crewmen up in it for a flight.

They recently found a crashed B-24 Liberator over in Italy after all these years. Stuff will be turning up from that war for a long time. They're still digging up World War One shells over in France. All live, of course. Even mustard gas shells. They have a UXB/EOD service that picks this stuff up for disposal. French farmers pile it up by a designated post on the road and the army comes and gets it.  Once in a while, the farmer's plow runs over a shell and it blows up. Dangerous business farming in old WW1 battlefields.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:30:26 am »
Seen it last Saturday night, great movie
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:09:55 pm »
I heard the theater room next to us rumbling from that movie.  Unfortunately I watched a chic flick instead.  Guess I'll have to catch it on DVD.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:27:44 pm »
Yeah, my ears were still buzzing @ bedtime.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »
Color me curious...what was the chick flick?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 09:46:05 pm »
   Gone Girl      I would have much rather watched Fury but the wife.......  ::)

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 10:29:03 pm »
This is not politics or religion and we are talkin about impressive movies.
Not impressive to me. Oh I love Brad and old armour killing machines.
But I really like is truthful documentaries based on reports from both
sides of the campaign, battle or war.  There has only been flicks for
the last 65 years that promote a bias towards a particular Hollywood
mania. Beware.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:31:04 am »
  Gone Girl      I would have much rather watched Fury but the wife.......  ::)

So,,, you can't say, " Dear, I went to yours,,sooo,please, please,, pleeeeese" ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:47 am »
No Mullet. It was more like as soon as the closing credits started we made a dash for the car so I could get home in time to sneak off to the woods and do a little hunting.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:50 am »
Saw it - excellent movie, even my wife enjoyed it!

I wouldn't wait for the DVD Clint!

Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 04:17:41 pm »
When I saw the title "Gone Girl", I thought it was some Kerouac-inspired film that took place in the Beat era. The title is a Beat phrase, so this is why I thought that. I think there's a Beat poem out there somewhere titled Gone Girl, I dunno, I forget. I sat through about ten minutes of the film version of Kerouac's "On The Road" before I pulled the plug on the DVD, so I wasn't especially moved to see "Gone Girl". Well, this thread made me curious to I looked up the Gone Girl movie to see what it was about. All I can say is----boy oh boy! How do these films get made??!! They could use that film to extract confessions during interrogations. "No, please, no! No more Gone Girl! I'll tell you everything you want to know! But, please, mercy! No more Gone Girl!" Then the guy collapses to the floor sobbing uncontrollably.

I can see the guy selling this film idea to the studios: "Ok, get this! A guy comes home and his wife is gone, see? And the media starts saying the dude killed her, got that? Anyway, she faked her death to get even with him for cheating on her, see? She hooks up with an ex-boyfriend and ends up killing that dude with a box cutter while they're, well, we'll get to that later. Anyway, she does this-n-that and---" Studio: "But, wait, what happens with the husband while she's framed him for murder?" "Oh, well, that's easy! He does the logical thing. He gets back together with the wife!" Studio: "But wait. Does the husband know she murdered the ex-boyfriend?" "Yes! She tells him!" Studio: "Perfect! I can see how this would really happen in the real world! This is solid gold! All we gotta do is put a snazzy soundtrack on it, get some good faces in it, and we're in business! I smell a blockbuster movie wives everywhere will drag their husbands to see! It'll be the topic on all the talk shows!" "Well, see, talk shows are in the movie, too!" Studio: "Oh, even better! Then the wives will really hector their husbands into seeing it! I love it!"

I am left wondering if they pass out air sickness bags at time of ticket purchase for this Shakespearian classic. Or do they just assume everyone can use the popcorn buckets? There certainly must be a plethora of valid excuses for much preferable activities not to see this movie. Yard needs mowing, dental visits, colonoscopies, etc. "Oh, honey! Gone Girl is playing at the movies! You're coming, right?" "Uhhhh....well, actually, I had made plans to, uh, mow the yard! Yeah, that's it!" "But you mowed the yard yesterday, dear!" "Uhhh...I know. But, the grass is growing faster! Yes, faster, you see?" "But, sweetie, remember we saw the previews for Gone Girl on TV and I said it looked like a great movie! And I said I wanted to see it, remember I said that?" "I couldn't hear you. I was in the bathroom washing my ears out from hearing the dialogue in the preview, uh, I mean, no, I don't recall that." "Well, we're going. Get your coat. What're you doing? No, put the iPod away. You're not going to sit there and listen to Johnny Cash the whole time the movie is playing. I want to be able to discuss the film with you afterwards." "Discuss the film?!" "Yes, discuss it. Dear, put the blindfold and earplugs away. You act as if you're going to the firing squad." "Oh, but I AM!"

JacksonCash

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 05:17:36 pm »
Dharma, I feel like you are holding something back. Tell us how you really feel. This is a safe place.

I really want to see Fury, but don't know if I can convince the wife.