Author Topic: Skinning a Beaver tail?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Skinning a Beaver tail?
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »
Its been in the back of my buddies truck for a week. Is it still good and what is the best way to skin it and what  do you do when you get it skinned?  thanks  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Zuma

Re: Skinning a Beaver tail?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:35:04 pm »
If the meat is good eat it.
It would make a cool totem sack.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:25:02 pm »
I cut mine along the sides then skin it after that's finished I scrap everything off I can get off then salt it.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 11:21:20 pm »
There's a good demo on YouTube,  cut around the edges and get imthe base started then put the base of the meaty part in a vice real tight, grab on with some vicegrips and pull, if it looks like there's a spot hanging up get it to release with a knife
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 08:09:56 am »
I have seen a few on here that have made handle grips out of beaver tail. Does it need to be tanned? I will check out youtube as suggested. I kinda thought cutting down the sides
was the way. I have also heard beaver is a tasty meat. Wont be eatin this tail as it is a week old and its been warm here but my neighbor traps and said he will bring me some next time. Any good methods to cook em.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God