Author Topic: A good weekend I'm the bag!  (Read 1159 times)

Offline lenador

A good weekend I'm the bag!
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:48:37 pm »
Rather than starting 600 thousand threads I figured this site is pretty social anfni could just post about my weekend.
 Any who...
 I shot my bow a lot and I greatly increased my accuracy. My 20 yard groupings are withing 8".

My friend let me shoot his unknown self bow that his grandpa made years and years and years ago. Its a flat bow with a dedicated handle and no arrow rest. Probably pulls 30-35 lbs. To my surprise it had a lot more hand shock than my bendy handle...that was interesting.

I also got to shoot his 6 feather flu flu's. Oh man! I feel like I was shooting on a rail with this puppies! Ivengot to make some.

I started taking apart my goose wings and separating feathers for fletching and decorative purpose. My and my 5 year old girl made a wing bone turkey call.

I also picked up a nice freebie sewing machine. Really heavy duty old piece.

Same buddy I traded him one of my Osage staves for some antlers to make knapping tools. I know it doesn't seem like an even trade but we are good friends and both have similar bisjcraft and self reliance interest so I know the enevem trade won't go unnoticed.

And last but not least I picked up a spot to go for Turkey's this season.
Failure isn't a loss unless you cease to move forward from it.

Offline J05H

Re: A good weekend I'm the bag!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:01:56 pm »
Sounds like a good weekend to me :).
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.