Author Topic: Osage billets  (Read 5356 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Osage billets
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 09:15:27 pm »
Ok  buddy here is the pics. I'm a little disappointed though, these billets looked a lot better when I split them. All of them will probably need some heat corrections. This is the first time I really looked at them since I put them up to dry. They are separated in sets of three, each set is a different log. If your not interested I totally understand. But if you are I would be willing to send all three of the set. Patrick

Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 01:53:26 pm »
abd did you find some billets. I probably have something here that will work for you. Dean

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »
Nope. Still looking. I'd love to see anything you think is worth looking at.

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 01:46:29 pm »
abd
  Here are some osage. If any of this will work send me a pm.

Offline adb

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »
I don`t see anything that really gets my heart racing, so here`s my dream billet wish list: 34"-36" long, sister billets split from the same log half, pipe straight (no snake, I'm not a big fan of snakey bows, just not my thing), and no big knots. No bark, either. Big grief sending wood with bark across the border. I'd take a single 4" - 5in wide piece if you have that, too. Then I can split/cut it myself. I`d be happy with a really good pair of  green billets, but something cut a year ago would be just about perfect.  Thanks for taking the time to post pics! I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:43:47 pm by adb »