Author Topic: Next fetching jig project  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Re: Next fetching jig project
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »
May have to modify mine!

Hm..... Serriously clever fellers hangin out here.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
..... Serriously clever fellers hangin out here.
+1
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DC

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:50 pm »
I just copied the video. I realized that I can offset the forward end of the clamp and that will spiral the fletch a bit.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »
I'm not sure spiraling is necessary unless it is for fit of feather to shaft.  The arrows still spin because one side is smoother than the other.

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 07:06:20 pm »
Your fletching jig looks cool Don, I'm just in the process of finishing a jig where there is no need to spin the arrow.  Stick on all 3 feathers in one shot then pull it out.   I'll keep ya posted.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:42 am »
What glue are you using with your wood clamp?  What issues have ya encountered with the clamp?  This has been fun thread to read!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 01:15:04 pm »
I use thick CA to hold the fletching on. You have to wax all along the edges of the clamp in case you're a little heavy with the glue. The only issue I've had is because I use bamboo and shoot shafts. The varying size of the nock end allows the arrow to move a bit. I solved the forward end by using a "V" groove but the back slides from side to side on the wire that the nock fits on. I'm still thinking about that.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 10:28:13 am »
.... the back slides from side to side on the wire that the nock fits on. I'm still thinking about that.
sand down a bamboo skewer to replace the wire?

Offline DC

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 01:17:21 pm »
I use self nocks so they vary a bit in size. If one has a big nock and a small diameter it's free to slide from side to side. Maybe I can fit a sliding "V" shaped piece at 90 degrees to the wire to lock it in position. I'll look at that. Thanks for making me think about it.