Author Topic: Bear Carving ( it's done for better or worse )  (Read 19371 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Bear Carving ( it's done for better or worse )
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2014, 08:34:48 am »
A real beauty Rich. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and give us some insight into the process of the art.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline mhof86

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:36 am »
Came out great! Loved the updates and was looking forward to checking progress every morning. Thank you for sharing.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:03 am »
Thanks for the great post!
I loved seeing the progression from beginning to end, The bear turned out awesome, I love the fine detail.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline half eye

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2014, 11:14:09 am »
Thank you so much fellas, glad you like it. It really does mean something when guys who are outdoors people and know their animals to say it looks OK.

To be fair though, this aint bow stuff and I dont want to intrude carving on to a bow site.....so I'm happy that the posts are well received, thank you all again.
rich

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2014, 11:06:48 am »
Since I am the requestor for this magnificent carving I will tell you all this.................it is exactly what I was looking for and can't be more pleased with the detail and the spirit of this carving.  My wife loves bears and I couldn't think of a better gift than something made one of my best friends.  Opened it up and couln't stop looking at it.  It is for my wife turns 60 in March and the bear will be silent until it becomes a permanent and treasured display in my home.  Thank you Halfeye for your detail and true manifestation of a magnificent animal.  Just perfect.

Offline half eye

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2014, 04:27:08 pm »
Wow, Dan I'm sure glad you like it and better still hope that the Miss's likes it as well. I'm embarrassed now but thanks all the same.
rich

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2014, 06:34:37 pm »
Halfeye................I have no doubt this will be one of her greatest treasures.............besides me of course.  LOL.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2014, 02:23:27 am »
Fantastic Rich.  Excellent work. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2014, 11:20:50 am »
Rich, we all have other things we like to do besides build bows so that's why we added "Around the Campfire" just for those occasions. Thanks for posting your beautiful carvings and the process to get to the end results.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC