Author Topic: Huntin gear  (Read 4927 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Huntin gear
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:29:04 pm »
was making few arrows for crows and squirrels and rabs. and im gonna be makin a deer hide quiver here soon and was wondering what you guys gear looked like. i plan to hunt in the archery season next year wearing just a buckskin shirt or flannel for the warmer days and a wool coat and drop sleeve shirt come cold, as it is right now. any pics of hunting primitve or, modern, whatever, clothes you guys wear with gear would be cool thanks
Modern Day Tramp

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Huntin gear
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 05:46:21 pm »
i guess no one uses arrows and bows or where clothes? ??? :)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 06:06:34 pm »
Not if we can get away with it.  ::) Try this link http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,3385.0.html    Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 06:55:40 pm »
I don't really have any hunting clothes, or enough deer hides to make clothes (the rawhide seems to dissapear into other projects while I wait for more ;)). As for my bows and arrows, here is my new set up :).

[attachment deleted by admin]

carnivore

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 02:18:51 pm »
a loincloth might be too extreme, plus skeeters then become a serious problem.  But at least for a loincloth, you wouldn't need much material.  LOL

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 10:52:44 pm »
no you sure dont. yeah skeeters get annoying real quick when you have reg. clothes on let alone just a breech clout
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:02:24 pm »
Nice set up . Did you build the bow and arrows,Quiveretc. I am always glad to seethe next generation of primitive archers doing it the old way. Aho mike
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston