Author Topic: Time off for the holiday  (Read 1634 times)

Offline mhof86

Time off for the holiday
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:32 am »
With the holidays coming up I have some extra time off work. I am wondering if there is anyone in my area that wouldn't mind a beginner shadowing them for a day in the shop. I live in Petersburg, MI and wouldn't mind taking a drive to learn a thing or two. I know it is a busy time of the year but if anyone is local I would really appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks.

JacksonCash

Re: Time off for the holiday
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:48:51 pm »
I'm in the opposite boat, just found out we'll be having less time off for Christmas. I'm all the way up in Bay City, and don't have a 'shop' plus, I don't really have a lot of experience. However, if you ever feel the urge i'd be happy to have you and share tips with one another.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:58:36 am »
Where is Petersburg ? I'm in Flushing, just West of Flint. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline mhof86

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 05:26:26 am »
Petersburg is south of Ann Arbor by maybe 15-20 minutes. Jackson thats a bummer. I was fortunate enough to find out I have 40+ hours I have to use by the end of the year or I lose them. So vacation here I come. Plus it helps take some of the stress off and I will enjoy the family time alot more.

JacksonCash

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:40 am »
Yeah, our equipment took a turn for the worst and we aren't getting production numbers. If we can turn it around we may be able to get a few of our days back. Are either of you guys in the MLA? I just joined up and am looking forward to some of the gatherings

Offline mhof86

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:27:50 pm »
No I have never heard of it. I will check it out though.

JacksonCash

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:12:16 pm »
Michigan Longbow Association - they put on the Great Lakes Longbow Invitational. I've been itching to go to it since I learned of it a couple years ago when I was still living in New York.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 04:17:01 am »
Used to be a Member a few years ago. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.