Author Topic: 2014 christmas trade received  (Read 32933 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: 2014 christmas trade received
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:27 pm »
Went to get my wife a maple bar this AM and saw I had a package on my porch. It was a tough 30 minute trip. Thank you so much Rick Wallace. The mittens are awesome, the fire/ dutch oven tools will be well used. I cook almost exclusively outdoors in the warmer months. Keeps my house cool, and less clean up for my wife. I'll post some photos in a bit.
How many squirrells you cooked  :)  http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa398/wall5834/IMG_3770_zpsc64dcf4b.jpg
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »
I recieved an awesome knife and sheath made by Leroy. Not sure what his name is on here, but thanks alot man. I'll post some pics when the weather lets up here.

Offline J05H

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:15 pm »
Hey guys, Bruce and I would like for everyone who has received there gift to pm one of us so we can compile a list.

Thanks

If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
Wizardgoat, Lenora name is stoker
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Stoker

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »
I recieved an awesome knife and sheath made by Leroy. Not sure what his name is on here, but thanks alot man. I'll post some pics when the weather lets up here.

Knew I forgot something ::)
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
My gift came in today from Tattoo Dave, A grunt call and a few arrows to finish by hafting points on. Thanks so much. My wife looked a bit sideways at the ornament but it is hanging on the tree:)
thank you
Steve Nissly

Offline 1442

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2015, 01:55:30 am »
I got home after dark today and checked the mail box. Bout jammed my fingers when they hit something solid in there and I spent the next five minutes trying to get it out. We have a big mailbox but it wasn't big enough for this box and I don't know how in the world the mail lady got it in there but it was wedged in and hung up on the rim around the opening and I just couldn't get a good enough hold to pull it out.
I finally managed to get it out and told my wife on the way up the driveway that this could be a knife or something.  Got it opened up in the house and sure enough, the box contained a really nice knife made by JO5H out of a farriers rasp with a really nice good fitting sheath.
The handle is made from a beautiful piece of wood with brass pins and the blade edge is super duper sharp.
I'm very proud to be the new owner of this knife and I will get a lot of use out of it I'm sure.
Thank you JO5H, you did a great job on the knife and it is perfect for me.
I can't post pics yet but this knife deserves to be shown off so I will try this weekend to get some taken and posted. Glad I mailed my guys package earlier today or I would feel bad opening this before I sent something out but I woulda opened it anyway and couldn't have felt bad at all because it felt so good to get this knife.  Thanks again!

Offline J05H

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2015, 03:40:12 am »
I'm glad you like it. I really appreciate the compliments 'cause this was my first finished knife. I have a couple of pics I've been saving until after you got it.

I'm not the best photographer, but I think I did OK. I had a little trouble trying to show the color without getting a lot of glare.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »
Glad it made it there Steve. My Wife laughed at the ornament too. I didn't get a pic of it to show every body, threw that in there just for fun...it is a christmas trade after all. There was some sinew and a little pine resisn glue in there too, did ya find that?

I hope that call brings in some meat!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline bubby

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2015, 06:48:23 pm »
Nice k.ife josh, say didn't you get me in the kith 8)
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BarredOwl

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2015, 11:52:29 pm »
That is a dandy looking blade!  First or not.  My next knife is going to be a heavy camp knife sized similar to that one.

Offline 1442

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2015, 12:25:32 am »
I tell y'all what, the knife works as well as it looks. I carried it around with me today and used it for a few cutting tasks and I am liking it more and more. I held out a piece of river cane and diagonally chopped it into half inch pieces like it was  a wet noodle. I really like the feel of the longer handle when using it to chop like that.
I'm sure glad you got my name Josh, thanks again!

Offline J05H

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2015, 03:32:12 am »
Nice k.ife josh, say didn't you get me in the kith 8)

Thanks. Don't know if I can top that one, but I'll do my best. I'll have to cause KHalverson drew me, so I gotta try to give as good as I'll get.

Offline agd68

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2015, 10:31:09 am »
Hey All, those are all some pretty awesome gifts. Mine arrived today. Aaron Wood; I don't know his user name here; sent me a great Old Hickory butcher knife with a beautiful woven basket style scabbard. I will try to get a pic posted if I can get a hold of a digi cam. Aaron ,if you have pics feel free to post them. Thank You.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »
Hey All, those are all some pretty awesome gifts. Mine arrived today. Aaron Wood; I don't know his user name here; sent me a great Old Hickory butcher knife with a beautiful woven basket style scabbard. I will try to get a pic posted if I can get a hold of a digi cam. Aaron ,if you have pics feel free to post them. Thank You.

;)

"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018