Author Topic: Carved Duckling pike bait ....it's finished  (Read 10486 times)

Offline half eye

Re: Carved Duckling pike bait (simple small project)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 10:17:06 am »
Here is where we are at this morning. I dry fit all the hardware so there are no issues installing it after it's painted, also I need to tank test it before it's painted. So here are a couple of pics of hardware and tank testing.....should be painted by tonight so maybe I'll be able to post some good pics of the finished lure....if not then tomorrow for sure.

You can see the line tie on the lower front chest....normally it would have an eye for direct tie and a split-ring for the steel leader. Neuse, it's a 30 year old "cub detailer burning pen" . I can post a pic if you want to see it.

any ? please advise
rich

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 10:55:28 am »
This is just too cool

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 12:03:24 pm »
Alright..................seen enough.  Ready to negotiate for a couple of these for sure.  I would love to get a video of this getting hit by a pike.  Very cool.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 03:40:12 pm »
Very nice lure Rich.

Offline half eye

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 05:01:09 pm »
Thanks for your gracious comments fellas. Well it's done so see what ya think. There are 2 sets of pics believe these close up shots are actually pretty clear.....

hope you guys like it.
rich

Offline half eye

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 05:02:17 pm »
second set....

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
Re: Carved Duckling pike bait ....it's finished
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »
That's super cool Rich!! Nice work. That carving bug musta came back and bit you a good one. Good to see you carving again!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »
Hey Rich....
First of all, you do fantastic work!!! bows and sculpture
I've have been fishing for a verrrry long time, many tournaments, for fun, with kids and just watching a cork with a beer in hand for some R&R.  But I know for a fact that 95% of the fishing baits are make to catch fisherman not fish... ;) ;) :).  But I bet this one will catch both.. :) :)
Again nice work,
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline wildman

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 12:11:09 am »
NICE !!! Rich, and it could double as the cutest deke in the spread ;D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline chamookman

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 04:52:03 am »
Any idea what the final weight is Rich ? Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline neuse

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 08:14:06 am »
That is awesome.

Offline half eye

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 08:51:06 am »
Dave, aint bug bit sir, helps out the SS check some, aint complainin though 8)

Hey Keith, Long time ago I made my dad a spread of whitepine mallards and black ducks. When he passed he give 'em to my younger brother and he still hunts over them.....got one hen deek that looks more like a flour sifter ::) ::) ;)

chamook, this one is heavy at 1-1/8 ounces...be ok for medium to heavy action gear. I fish with ultra lite stuff and I'd have to "lob" it for sure. You alter the weight on these by using lighter jig hooks and no added keel weight.

neuse, thank you

D bar, save you for last cause it sounds like you been fishin in my boat for a long time. I fall into the R&R (with long neck) category now a days. Been fishin a long time too, probably caught more than I got any right to so maybe the last 15 years or so it's mostly catch and release (except what I may want for supper). I carry a whole bunch of my homemade wood plugs and actually watch for other fishermen. Mostly if I see somebody out with the kids and they aint havin too much luck I mosey over and give a some lures and gear and point to the right area.....then pop a long neck. Ever see a kid with their first "big one" on the line? well it's priceless sir.  I like your style sir!!!! if your ever up in northern lower Mi. your welcome in my fishing boat anytime (except "hard water" season 8) it aint big but there is room for 2 old farts, a beer cooler, maybe a tackel box or two.... we can allways tow a bucket behind the boat in case the BS gets too deep in the boat,eh? >:D

thanks again fellas.
rich

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 01:27:28 pm »
"Ever see a kid with their first "big one" on the line? well it's priceless "  Sur have, many times, yes sir "priceless".

Rich
Love northern lower MI.  just might take you up on the fishing trip some time.....If your ever down my way look me up I got a couple good fishing holes, that we might be able to loose that duckling bait in a 10# bass's mouth.   :) ;)

Till next time,
DBar
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:43:24 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »
Beautiful work Rich...You are talented Sir...
                                                                                                                                Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline chamookman

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 04:47:37 am »
Where You located in the northern part of the State ? Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.