Author Topic: So. What did you eat for Christmas dinner?  (Read 6046 times)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: So. What did you eat for Christmas dinner?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 09:48:28 am »
Rib eye steak with a mushroom glaze, loaded baked potato, vegetable medley and some of my mother-in-laws homemade divinity and pralines for dessert.  A cold Porter from one of the local breweries to boot.  All while sitting in a lodge in the mountains watching it snow outside the window.  I cant say it was any better than Clint's tacos, but it was some kinda good!   
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 11:08:32 pm »
We had roast beast with potatoes, carrots, and rutabaga.  Pumpkin pie and pecan pie for desert.  My mother in law makes the same meal every Christmas Eve.  Always delicious.

Offline JEB

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:16 am »
The normal stuff that goes with a spiral ham.  Our large family event turned into just my wife and I as the flu went right thru our  son , his wife and six kids. The 2 year old was in the hospital with it and we had real concerns about the 2 month old BUT as of last night the doctor cleared them all. We have yet had a chance to give the kids and grandkids their Christmas presents because of the  illness.

When mom and dad was alive we always had ham and tame duck.  Dad didn't like wild duck.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 11:46:50 am »
Everything......uugghhhh
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »
Two wild turkeys, one baked, one deep fried in peanut oil.  A ten pound smoked ham baked for 8 hours.  Ten pounds of mashed red skin potatoes (skin on).  Dressing and gravy.  Green bean casserole.  Sweet corn crock potted in butter, salt and seasoned pepper.  A caramel Apple pie, pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake and a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  Various relish trays and deviled eggs.  Summer sausage, cheese and crackers.  home made hard cider and homemade pale ale.  The kids had sparkling grape juice.  I think I put on ten pounds at least.  Josh

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »
The wife and I walked down to my brothers house a block away where he and his wife had prepared a feast.
Amazing prime rib with a horse radish and something or other glaze, probably the best prime rib we've ever had. Sides were mashed potatoes & gravy, brussel sprouts with garlic/butter sauce, a cranberry/pineapple salad and more delicious things that I can't remember now. Had the sister in laws famous bread pudding, home baked cookies of all varieties and chocolates for desserts. Red wine with dinner, coffee afterwards and then bourbon nightcap. Wish every day was Christmas, I do like to eat. ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 05:11:34 am »
Man - I haven't had Bread Pudding in like forever !  Love it - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline coxral

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 01:58:52 pm »
We always fire-up the grill. Everyone pics out what they want and I go to work! This years menu was; Tri-tip steak, Lobster tails, Snow Crab legs, Garlic-Butter Shrimp, and Burgers! Mama fried up some garlic tators, made some corn on the cobb, shrimp and veggie platters and cupcakes for dessert! As the family keeps getting bigger, I think I'd better get a bigger grill!